So what does this mean for YOU the aspiring plus sized model you ask? It means that a whole new WEALTH of possibilities can open up for you to take advantage of if you are willing to learn how to “play the game” called Plus Sized Fashion!
Sharon Quinn, "The ORIGINAL Runway Diva “ - Actress/Veteran Plus Model/Writer/Singer/Casting Producer
Her recent appearances include The Style Network's Ruby, Oxygen's groundbreaking Mo’Nique’s F.A.T. Chance, MTV’s MADE, Cash Cab & The Food Network's Throwdown With Bobby Flay.
Statuesque, poised, graceful and striking are all adjectives used to aptly describe the attributes belonging to Miss Sharon Quinn, affectionately known as "The Original Runway Diva", due to her presence, style and unbelievable confidence on the catwalk. She has handled the casting for Mo'Nique's F.A.T. Chance has well as The Bachelor and will be on hand to host and moderate the panel discussion.
Find out from The Runway Diva:
- The 7 Deadly sins for a plus model!
- What the basic qualifications are to become a plus model.
- How to develop your signature runway "Strut".
- How to have maximum success on a local level (the "Underground").
- How to adapt and overcome obstacles without sacrificing who you are.
The All-Star Lineup of Panelists (subject to change) includes:
Anthony Higgins is a Buffalo native, who became a "New Yorker" in 1995. He started his career in the fashion world working at Karin Models - a French owned agency, as a model booker and assistant to the director.
- What agents and bookers are REALLY looking for at the open call.
- What's happening NOW in the plus size fashion market from an insider.
- The biggest mistakes that aspiring models make at the open call.
- How to avoid being typecast.
Your Guide to Plus Size Modeling is a great read for those who want to get into the field of modeling and it also teaches women to believe in themselves through reinforcing their self-esteem and positivity.
- How much money you'll need to get started.
- Getting in where you fit in (other branches of modeling).
- How to properly prepare for the open call.
- How to invest in the business of YOU.
Aminah will be on hand to answers the questions that EVERYBODY wants to know.
- How to avoid the mistakes that most models make in their auditions.
- What the producers are looking for when they cast the show!
- Why preparation is KEY in getting selected for RTR.
- What direction the show is going in for 2011!
- What it takes to make a successful career as a fit model.
- How to make the transition from fit to print model.
- The differences between fit and print modeling.
- How to juggle careers in multiple genres.
FFFWeek(tm) 2010's Aspiring Models Seminar & Panel Discussion
Friday, June 18, 2009
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
The Hotel Pennsylvania
401 Seventh Avenue @ 33rd Street
The Madison Room / 18th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Tix $22.00 in advance / $30.00 at the door