Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tears of a Clown - My Chef Jeff Experience

Okay, so WHY was I sitting in my living room absolutely BOO-HOO-ing over The Chef Jeff Project on The Food Network the other night?  I have been watching this show since its beginning and have had a mixed bag of emotions run through me each time I watch it.  From my admiration of Shante; for calming down a potentially explosive situation involving Adam in the first episode; to the love I feel for Maria with each accomplishment she makes; back to my disgust as I watched Shante be dishonest about the damage to her car and filing a police report.  I might have even gotten a little misty eyed a few times, but I never shed a tear.....

Until the last Sunday night.

When the Chef takes the young'uns home to meet his family and everyone gets a chance to speak....

The first sign of distress comes as Chef Jeff breaks down in tears thanking his mama for never giving up on him (my chest started heaving right about here...) and then Adam breaking down and crying and thanking him for changing his life.... at that point I began sobbing uncontrollably...tears running down my face....lol....it was absolutely ridiculous.

My mom called, she was watching and now was an absolute mess as well.

Tonight is the finale episode and I am totally amped up for it.  I am rooting for them all but I have special places in my heart for Maria, Adam & Alonzo....my mom and I both agree that the jury's still out on Miss Shante......she's a curvy girl tho' so I kinda gotta root for her (lol).

The Chef Jeff Project airs on The Food Network Sundays at 10:00pm (TWC channel 50)
"The first and most important step toward success is the feeling that we can succeed."

No comments: