Monday, February 6, 2006

On The Road Again - South Dakota Style

The JMS tour has taken us to North Sioux City, South Dakota...which of course should NOT be confused with Sioux City, Iowa or Sioux City, Nebraska (all of which are 10 minutes from each other...go figure.) Anyway....I am on the tour with a little lady named Kyla who must weigh a good 100 pounds soaking wet but she eats every damn hour or so...I have never seen anyone so little put away so much damned food!!!...she's cool people though and we have been having a ball together. So we went to the Wal-Mart in the college town of Vermillion, South Dakota. We pull up in the parking lot and if there are 50 cars in the lot....that's a lot. Now people THIS IS WAL-MART!!!!EVERYONE goes there....anyway...it's like the Grand Canyon in there....COLD AND EMPTY. I have read every magazine in Wal-Mart and am now resorting to reading Star Jones' Shine....which is actually turning out to be more interesting than I thought. I have been up every aisle in the store and I am about to go crazy. I am the only black person in the entire town...I SWEAR.

There ain't shit out here but cornfields and white people.

I get back to the hotel and go straight to the jacuzzi and guess what? The jacuzzi water is COLDER THAN THE water in THE DAMN POOL!!!! Arrrggghhhh!!! Not to mention it's like 30 degrees here and I am sitting in the lobby of this hotel with so much shit on I feel like an eskimo. I am patiently awaiting for the arrival of the maintenance man to adjust the thermostat on the jacuzzi.

I cannot WAIT to get back to New York.

No comments: