Thursday, June 14, 2007

Jill Scott at Radio City Music Hall

Last night I had the pleasure of attending the Verizon sponsored Jill Scott Concert Series at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. I snagged an All Access Pass and got to hang out backstage with Mo' and her team. Mo'Nique was the host for the evening and Musiq Soulchild was the opening act.

Mo' was hilarious as usual...kicking knowledge from topics ranging from disciplining your children to stories on how to keep your man...YOUR man! She was dressed magnificently as always, (Mad props to my sistafriend Ronda...Who keeps Mo' dressed to the nines!) in a beautiful black, spaghetti strapped dress, that was embossed with huge crystal colored jewels.



Musiq was good as well, although I had a few personal problems with the sound during his set...it seemed like they hadn't soundchecked him earlier and the band was considerably louder than he was. I heard through the grapevine that he has "issues" with his height and is really uncomfortable around women who are taller than he is....(hmmm...he was standing right near me and he is pretty short....so he must be uncomfortable around half the planet...lol). Anyway, I enjoy some of his songs but I wasn't really pleased with the way he was dressed. He had on this green, silk looking shirt and some bermuda shorts that just grazed his calves....with a tie with er....sneakers. In my opinion that outfit just wasn't flattering and only made him look shorter to me. I much prefer the "bohemian-soulster" look he wore in his first video for Aijuswannasing...or whatever that song is.

But baby! The icing on the cake was Miss Jill Scott! I have never seen her live before and she was absolutely amazing....this chick has a gift that is truly from the Gods!! She just stood center stage, opened her mouth and the most beautiful sounds emerged from her lips. She looked amazing, she had a multi colored green wrap dress, with a Pucci like print....And mama has great legs to boot!. Her background singers were totally on point, as was the band....obviously Miss Jill made HER soundcheck...lol. Mo' joined Jill onstage during her last few songs and they had a "sing off" of sorts....Jill would hit a note and give Mo' the mike to follow....except that Mo' cannot sing. It was hilarious.

I also ran into the "Flow" of Floetry (the former big girl...she's lost quite a bit of weight) looking good backstage. I am definitely gonna go back tonight because joining Jill & Mo' tonight will be the Legendary Diva...Miss Chaka Khan!!! I am so PSYCHED!!!!!

Will holla back later with the details fam!

Peace!

I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.

No comments: