Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday Chef Syncere!!

I had the pleasure of co-hosting the 50th birthday celebration for Chef Syncere Zakee, who is the hubby of my publicist Mary Moore.

The event was held last Saturday at Harlem's Alhambra Ballroom...WRKS-FM Quiet Storm DJ Lenny Green was also on hand to open up the show, which began with a couple of rounds of "Name That Tune" and some CD giveaways....





In addition to the sit down dinner and open bar (which featured my newest fixation...Hennessy Black) there was also a talent show that included music from the 5 decades of Chef Syncere's life and featured roller skaters, hustle dancers, singers and a couple of comedians.....one brother who's appeared on "Who's Got Jokes" and goes by the name of Foster was pretty funny!











Full Force's Bowlegged Lou, recited a poem that he penned for the birthday boy and sang "The Greatest Love of All" (Who knew he could sing? I certainly didn't!)....also on hand for the










celebration was former Right On! Magazine editor in chief, Cynthia Horner & Theresa Randolph of JT Productions.

Although I had a really good time I was struggling desperately to keep my cold at bay until the event was over and by the very last act my throat was on fire and my voice was totally gone!!! The birthday boy led of the first dance....The Electric Slide of course and the party took off from there!






I said my goodbyes, gave Mary a hug, took a big ol hit of Theraflu (which I had purchased BEFORE I arrived at the event) and walked quickly home, crawled under the covers and went straight to sleep!

Happy Birthday Chef! I hope you had a good time!

No comments: