Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Has VH-1 come up with the Trifecta?

This being my last few days left to "Veg" out and catch up on reality tv before I head back out on the road...VH-1 has got me wondering...Do they have a triple play? I caught "The Salt & Pepa" show the other night and I gotta admit...The show has me intrigued. I have always been a fan of these sista's but I wasn't really sitting at home wondering what happened to them...you know?

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

When I caught a glimpse of Sandy "Pepa" Denton on "The Surreal Life"...I could see clearly that she still longed to be where she was in her prime days of S&P. so I wasn't surprised to tune into this show and see her struggling with the same issues. The difference between the two of them is like night and day...Cheryl "Salt" Wray seems to be completely comfortable with a life outside of the spotlight and staying away from all the craziness that comes with celebrity. The same can't be said for Pepa though...the child looks as if she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown...she doesn't know how to turn it off and that in itself is sad. I enjoyed watching the tension between these two and you can see that although the friendship is most definitely fractured...you can still see the love that they have for each other through all that anger....and that's what will keep me watching...I want to see how this plays out. Although thus far...Miss Pepa seems to be a bit of a manipulator...lol...that's how bad she wants to get back on stage...The prep for the show at the CCC was hilarious to me.

I will definitely tune in from the road to see what happens next.

I have the same sentiments for "Gotti's Way". I never really paid any attention to Irv Gotti until the feds came after him and plastered his name and face in all the papers. I WAS however familiar with his label and the artists signed to it.
I knew nothing about the man and quite frankly wasn't interested in learning about him either...until now. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this show in particular the interaction between him and is estranged wife. The scenes with him and JaRule held my attention as well....I don't know if it was because the shows were both only 30 minutes as opposed to an hour...but they (in my humble opinion) were both well done.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

It made me want to find out what's gonna happen next and isn't that what great television is all about? See you next week Gotti!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

And now on to THE train wreck otherwise known as I Love New York 2...lol...I really do hate to admit that I watch this show...but I do. It's funny as hell....I don't know what makes me laugh more...her "mom", those crazy ass men selected for her...or those ever growing boobs...I know it's really bad but I can't stop watching it.

Before I go...because I'm not gonna waste the space until the show gets near the wire...UNLESS Something REALLY crazy happens....I just need to know a few things:

MAN-MAN - WTF??? & PUNK (What man accepts a name like that?...You KNOW he's gonna be fighting EVERY DAY after this show ends...roflmao!

MIDGET MAC (I loved how they left the camera at the regular height level for the first couple of scenes BEFORE they adjusted it to his height...mean...but funny as hell!)...The way he dealt with NY's mom was really interesting...How is it that he's coming off as one of the more intelligent ones in the house?

VH1 - You might be on to something here....I'll be watching.

"Pride will not allow you to realize you're empty."

No comments: