Wednesday, January 16, 2008

BOBBY FLAY IS THE BOMB!!!!!

Yo Family!!!

Yesterday, I went to a taping for a show on The Food Network. I answered an ad for audience members on Craig's list for a new cooking show. The location was in East Harlem and being a Harlemite myself....I simply couldn't resist checking it out. The address was on 106th Street between Lexington & Third Avenues. As soon as I walked in and saw the setup, I got really excited. I turned and whispered Jacqueline (who I managed to drag with me...again...lol),

"This looks like a Throwdown to me!"

Not 10 minutes later....in walks Bobby Flay!!! I screamed!!! I LOVE THE FOOD NETWORK AND I LOVE WATCHING BOBBY FLAY DO HIS THING!!!.

Needless to say, a sista was amped up to taste his cooking. It was an "Arroz Con Pollo" Throwdown and it was Chef Flay vs Chef Jorge, who's the chef at FB Lounge on 106th St. Now I have been in Harlem most of my life and I had absolutely no idea that the word on the street was that some of the best Arroz Con Pollo in the country could be found within walking distance of my house.

Bobby Flay was in the building and looking REAL GOOD ya'll!!! He looks like he's dropped some weight and he was all toned and buff! A DEFINITE HOTTIE!!!! I took to Chef Flay immediately and I think he took to me as well! I took every opportunity to be next to him whenever I could. I don't care what they print about his supposedly arrogant personality in the media...He was an absolute doll and gracious to everyone in that room. He even danced with one of the Salsa dancers during the break (and get this....he held his own on the dance floor too!) I think he enjoyed my company too because when he was leaving he made a point to come over and tell me it was a pleasure meeting me and he even gave me a departing kiss on the cheek! I was floored!



Of course you KNOW I can't give away the winner of the Throwdown here....but the episode will be running in the next 6 to 8 weeks, I will keep you posted on the air dates!

BOBBY FLAY ROCKS!!!! (I feel like I will definitely see him again, ya'll!)

(I forgot my camera but I was able to get someone to take one for me and I will post it as soon as I have it!)

Thanks as always Jacqueline.



"Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction."

No comments: