Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sigh...Another Cast Party For The Wire.......

Last night I went down to BB King's to check out the "official" cast party for the 5th & final season of HBO's "The Wire". I wound up standing outside for almost 15-20 minutes waiting for Jacqueline to arrive. As I waited for her, I took a moment to survey the huge line that was amassing out front. They (the promoters) weren't letting anyone in and as my nose began to run, I noticed that nearly everyone on that line looked like er..... cast extras from "The Wire"? (Picture it if you can) and no older than say....hmmm...21-22? Baby!! I just realized that I hadn't watched the show since they killed off Idris Elba's character!!! I had already met Michael K. Williams (Omar) at The Vibe Awards in LA (see blog) a few years back...so why in the heck would I want to STAND OUTSIDE ON LINE IN THE FRIGGIN COLD??? lol..As soon as Jacque arrived, she clocked the same thing and we made an IMMEDIATE decision to skip the party, hit Chevy's for a cocktail and then go back home.

And that's exactly what we did.

The Coconut Pineapple Margarita was off the chain at Chevy's ya'll....you simply MUST try one soon family!

Peace!

"Jails and prisons are designed to break human beings, to
convert the population into specimens in a zoo - obedient to our keepers, but dangerous to each other. "

No comments: