Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Kev Lawrence!!!

Last night I briefly (and I mean BRIEFLY...lol) attended a birthday party for Thermal Soundwaves (http://www.thermalsoundwaves.com/) On Air Personality....Kev Lawrence.




The party was held down at Negril Village (the same place that I had MY bday event AND the last time I actually saw him...lol) and I was soooooooooooooooooooo tired by the time I had gotten home that I really seriously contemplated not attending at all....but I really do like Kev (and his partner Cee-Truth) so, I felt like I should at the very least show my face.

At about 8pm, I sent Kev a text message informing him that although my head was freshly shaved for his party...lol....I was still wearing jeans and sneakers and was that okay? He quickly texted me back saying it was fine (He's TOTALLY laid back and that's one of the things I really dig about him!)

So, reluctantly I got myself together and hopped on the A train down to West 4th Street. When I arrived at oh....10pm...why was I surprised to see Cee Truth and Promoter Big Ced outside with a few other dudes??? As I approached him...he greeted me warmly (as he always does) and then informed me that the Birthday Boy had yet to arrive....lol....his party began at 6pm...so why did I ASSUME when he answered my text message that HE WAS ALREADY THERE????

Anyway, I decided to stand outside and chat with Cee Truth until Kev arrived, the weather was a balmy 70's degrees and perfect for standing outside looking fabulous! During our conversation we found out that we had a LOT of things in common (same type of dreams for ourselves, and mutual folks that we both knew...etc) and realized we should definitely keep in touch with each other!

Well Mr Kev finally arrived around 10:30pm and I greeted him, stood outside chatting with him for a few minutes, we took some photos together and then, duty done...lol....I said my goodbyes and headed back to the train station to head up town...but not before I stopped off at Mamaoun's Falafel house to take back a couple of sandwiches for me and my monster.

I am truly sorry that I didn't have the energy to stay longer Kev but know that I wish nothing but success for you in all that you do!

Happy Birthday Love!

"The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet."

No comments: