Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Lady Twist Eliminated on Miss Rap Supreme...

Well Family,

Unfortunately, I have to say I knew it was coming.....I am not surprised in the least....Lady Twist, one of the two full figured Diva's from VH1's "Miss Rap Supreme" was eliminated last night. Although both Serch & Yo-Yo said she was being eliminated because she wrote a 16 bar rap that no one understood.....


I ain't really buying that....because I understood it....She (Lady Twist) felt like she was caught in the middle of some drama at The Fembassy that had absolutely nothing to do with her, but made her feel like she had to "choose sides"....what where YOU ALL listening to?

Half the reason she was eliminated was that she simply did not get that "Look" together....AND she could not dance a lick....WTF???? I don't know where she's been hanging but almost ALL of the juicy gals that I know can either dance or move their behinds off!!!! I mean full splits, pop locking, dropping it like it's hot....the whole shebang!!!

I was simply floored that she could not dance at all.

I did check out her page though because I think that lyrically....this chick has got it going on....the flow is just sweet....ya know?

But even Missy Elliott was a "Triple Threat", home girl could sing, dance AND write...plus she had more charisma than most people.....her record label went and got her some stylists and everything just came together for her. As a plus sized chick (gay or straight) in an image driven industry like music.....YOU HAVE TO BE A TRIPLE THREAT....and you gotta "go for the jugular" each AND EVERY time you hit the stage....(Now THIS is what I absolutely LOVE about Nikki2States...she just gets up there and KILLS it every single time.

Unfortunately, for Lady Twist....(and these are just MY personal thoughts fam!), while this show could/would/should have been a really phenomenal look for her....I was dismayed when I found during several of the challenges that she sort of "coasted" through things....never really applying herself like a fierce competitor should....I mean...this show IS the biggest thing to happen to you and your career....So, simply put....why would you NOT put your all into winning? Particularly if you already know that your size and look will always be your Achilles to the general public.


But I digress....I think the drinking binge on the last episode and the unwillingness to step up to the plate and properly "Captain" her group and her apathy towards some of the challenges ultimately did her in.


I expected big things from her (and I still do) and I was truly sorry to see her go.


That leaves only one "juicy" chick in the bunch...."Rece Steele"....I liked her from the beginning so i'mma continue to watch and root for her....

I hope you all will do the same!

"Let's celebrate Unity in the Plus Community Ya'll"



"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."

No comments: