Tuesday, July 15, 2008

From G's to Gents on MTV


Well, Well, Well Family!

Tonight I was surfing through the Time Warner Cable Guide and I came across a new show called "From G's To Gents", the title and the previews were interesting enough for me to watch the premiere episode tonight.


The premise is sort of like a charm school for "G's" or "Gangstas" with the end result of turning them into true gentlemen. Fonzworth Bentley hosts and Jamie Foxx (Surprised the heck outta me) is the executive producer.

I make no attempts to cover up my disappointment at young men who dress, speak and carry themselves like thugs and criminals and then are surprised at the problems and automatic assumptions that come along with their mannerisms.

So needless to say I applaud the efforts that the premise of the show seems to be making and I really did find the premiere episode interesting enough to tune in and watch next week. I really am interested in seeing which of these brothers truly want to change their lives...although I am not really sure of how teaching them how to play cricket will achieve that.

The first elimination was pretty much predictable and on point based on the behavior that the 2 contestants had displayed all evening.

From G's to Gents airs on MTV.

I'll keep you posted on my thoughts fam!


“You change your life by changing your heart.”

No comments: