Friday, August 25, 2006

Happy Birthday To "The Mogul" AKA "Diva"




Posted by Picasa

Hey Everybody!

Last night I attended a birthday celebration for my bestest friend ever....Miss Gwen DeVoe (Formerly known as "DIVA") henceforth and forever more to be know as "The MOGUL". She had her "South Beach Denim & White" themed party at a lounge in lower Manhattan near Soho. My fiance & I arrived at around 9:30pm and found the party in full swing!!! I saw soooooooo many friends & home girls from back in the day...Laura, Vicki & Cassie...my running buddies from WAYYYYYY BACK WHEN!!! lol. There were so many beautiful women of all shapes, sizes, colors & nationalities....My big girls represented well.....Everyone was doing the "Denim & White" thing and we were all absolutely stunning!

The MOGUL herself was resplendent in denim & white and was holding it down on the dance floor voguing & posing along with the dancing maching...Linda Mann, by the time we got to her. Her husband Al was there chilling at bar and being a perfect host. It filled my heart with joy to see that she was having the time of her life! No worries at all. Everything was all good...as it should be.

Arriving shortly after me was my friend and personal designer...Miss Raymona of Just Raymona for NV New York. Miss Raymona has been making all of my clothes since my FAT Chance debut and she's AWESOME!!!! She's a tiny little thing....but she SO understands the unique curves of the plus sized woman. She designed the outfit that I wore that evening and I felt so very beautiful in it. I predict that she will do very well with her line.

Also in attendance were many plus industry notables: Mia Amber, Lisa Scott, Madeline Figueroa & her husband, photographer extraordinaire....Luke "Back then they didn't want me...now i'm hot they all on me" Jones!! Miss Eda Francois, T-Boogie, The DSE Models & Staff: Jeannie, Sheka, Kalyea, Rocky, Sharon Jones & her fiance' Stacy and I know I am forgetting a BUNCH of folks....So please forgive me!

At around 12 or so...It was time for the MOGUL to cut her cake....and for ME...

PLEASE REMEMBER: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

THIS IS ALWAYS DANGEROUS THING TO DO AROUND DIVA!!!!! AHEM....Scuse' me...."THE MOGUL'S" idea of a Happy Damn Birthday is to SMASH CAKE IN EVERYONE'S FACES!!!!! it's very tricky trying to keep her from putting it all over your face. A few years ago this heifer had everyone on the aircraft carrier INTREPID...running like crazy trying to keep her from smushing them with birthday cake. I wound up going clear across the damn ship getting away from her but it worked!!!! I managed to get home that year unscathed. Better yet I have learned to not be too close to her while the Happy Birthday song is going on......Welll.......no such luck this year...she was like a panther scoping out her prey!!!!! Just laying in wait....till....

SHE CAUGHT ME RIGHT IN MY EYE AS SHE WAS BLOWING OUT HER DAMN CANDLES!!!!!

Did anyone else get cake in the face or was it just me?????

Anyway, although me & my honey missed the "House" set (damn!) I managed to get my dance on anyway before we departed. We had a blast and can't wait till the next event!

A BIG SHOUT OUT TO ANYONE THAT I MISSED!!! EVERYONE IN DSE, DANGEROUS CURVES...THE TOUR! and THE PLUS ACADEMY!!!

Rosie (Bklynbreddiva) You looked phenomenal!!! I saw you working your runway strut!! Keep it up mama!!!

Complacency is the delight and dict of the foolish and lazy, but movement forward leads to greatness and success.

Miss Sharon Quinn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. LOL... you were NOT the only one to get cake in the face. You know how DIVA does!

2. OMG! Thank you so much for that KIND statement/compliment at the bottom of your blog. I'm touched ;)

3. It was good (as always) to see you today!

SMOOCHES
- Rosie