Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My KISS-FM Wake-Up Club Experience

Last Thursday, I had the pleasure of hanging out with the KISS-FM Wake-Up Club (98.7 WRKS-FM)from 7:00am to 10:00am. The station invited the “Ladies of Mo’Nique’s F.A.T. Chance” to hang out and take some calls and it was actually a lot of fun…..in fact we (Tanisha, Joanne & myself) had so much fun that we hung out for the entire program.



Cool Slideshows






The folks from Newark, NJ called in and celebrated with the newest Miss F.A.T., Tanisha Malone from Newark of course! Jeff Foxx, Dr. Bob Slade and Talent are a trip without the luggage. I really did enjoy the show!!! The only drawback for me was that although the men did call in to speak to Tanisha, It annoyed me that all they seemed to want to talk about was the size of her ass!!!! (My BROTHERS!!!! Please???? Do you really think she isn’t aware of her booty by now???? I am sure she has had to listen to that shit her ENTIRE life!!!!) Surely someone on the planet wants to say something to her about something OTHER than her booty. I watched that child in the studio and I saw that it was making her a little uncomfortable.

Anyway!! Did I say that Talent is a CUTIE!!!???? OOOOOhhhhh……At 6’5”, Caramel-Colored, funny AND Intelligent to boot!!!! Boy!!! You know YOU Can Get A Slice!!!!!....lol. Talent was messing around with his latest toy…a Sony Cybershot camera (In the words of Will Smith in “Independence Day”…”I gotta get me one of these!!!”!) complete with photo docking bay. He took pictures in the studio and shared them with us all! I got to chat with him quite a bit during the breaks…but that damn Joanne Borgella was hogging up all of his time!!!!...lol…just kidding Jo!

Jeff Foxx was sooooo cute as well….he was CLEARLY enamored with Miss Tanisha…I thought I was gonna have to break out the tissues to wipe the drool from his mouth…lol. He thought the Original Runway Diva was Mad Sexy ya’ll!!!!

Dr Bob Slade, (Great Voice Ya’ll) was very nice and although he didn’t really say too much…with THAT voice….he doesn’t really have to…does he?

Reverend Al Sharpton, stopped by the studio and chatted with us for a few moments as well, this is the first time I have ever seen him up close & personal and he seems to be real cool. He let us know that he secured and excellent lawyer for Mo'Nique for her case against the Airline that threw her off her flight...and it's all good.
Did you all know that Reverend Al, was the presiding minister at Mo' & Sidney's Nuptials this past spring? I heard it was a 70's themed ceremony....that must have been fun!

I also met a brother named Mike, who made sure we had everything we needed. Mike is a little light skinned cutie…and I don’t want to insult him by calling him an intern but I am not sure what his title is….Linda M. That one was for YOU all the way….just like you like em….light and sweet…lol. I had to warn him though…cuz he kept flirting with me….I had to keep telling him…”I’m 45 not 25 boo, I will seriously HURT you!!! On the real…he was very, very nice to me and I want him to know it was very much appreciated.

Then to top it all off, as we were leaving I ran into my home girl…Miss Thing…Diana King!!! (Love her!!!) entering the studio to begin her show.

KISS-FM’s studio is in the same building and on the same floor as HOT-97, so on the way out we also met:

Miss Jones (Keeps it real and is a lot of fun…and pretty to boot!). I’m waiting for her to get back to the singing myself!!!
Fat Man Scoop! (Knew who I was….said he was a “fan” which is so friggin’ funny to me!!!)
Seriously though, it was a whole lot of fun and I cannot wait to get back and do it again! But next time New York City….ya gotta represent and CALL IN!!!!!

Thanks KISS-FM!!!!

No comments: