Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Target & Forever 21 to offer plus size clothing lines this spring!

NEW YORK (CNN) -- While companies across the country are downsizing, some in the fashion world have decided that it's time for a bit of upsizing. This spring, the cheap chic emporiums, Target and Forever 21, will launch plus-size lines for teenagers.

Target's new line of plus-size clothing will go up to size 30. Forever 21's will go up to 2XL.

Target's new line of plus-size clothing will go up to size 30. Forever 21's will go up to 2XL.

Click to view previous image
1 of 2
Click to view next image

Forever 21's line, Faith 21, will have sizes ranging from XL-2X, while Target's Pure Energy line will go up to a size 30.

It's about time, said several shoppers scouring the crowded racks of a Forever 21 branch in downtown Manhattan, New York, one recent afternoon.

"I would love to be able to shop in one store with my friends that are all different sizes," said one young petite college student, who was eyeing the $2.50 tank tops. "I think it's great that they're expanding."

Another shopper, a full-figured teen in a stylish baby doll dress, was also excited. "I tried on something earlier that was totally cute and it did not fit my breast size, which is really frustrating, because I liked it." Video Watch two reactions to the new lines »

Faith 21 will feature of-the-moment pieces like sheer peasant blouses, denim leggings and curve-hugging mini dresses. Pure Energy will have skinny jeans, maxi dresses and sleeveless party tops.

Click HERE to read the rest of the article.

Source: CNN.com

1 comment:

Actress/Model/Singer/Songwriter/Writer/Motivational Speaker said...

YAY! I can't tell you how many times I've seen my friends wearing something REALLY cute. Then I'd say "Girl where did you get that?!" And they would reply "Forever 21". Then I'd think "Oh well, so much for that." My favorite stores are Ashley Stewart, Lane Bryant, Avenue, and Torrid, but it's nice to now have more options available to be for "AFFORDABLE" clothing! Can't wait for Charlotte Russe to follow suit:-).