Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is the first Thanksgiving I have ever celebrated without seeing my Mother...she went down to Philadelphia to spend it with her best friend, Sylvia. It felt really weird not sharing this day with her. I spent the better part of my morning cooking the remainder of my dinner and finished about 1:30 this afternoon. I roasted a chicken and made potato salad, cole slaw, macaroni & cheese and collard greens with smoked turkey....yummy! I drove up to The Bronx to spend some time with my sister and her children...my two youngest nephews Devin & Lonnie are growing up so nicely and my oldest nephew Darren is turning out to be a very handsome young man. My two nieces Jennifer & Samantha are beautiful young ladies. I had dinner with them (well....actually, I only had a small bit of Banana Pudding) and then I headed out to Brooklyn to have dinner with my friend Kathi and her family. Kathi & her hubby Jim live in a beautiful brownstone in Park Slope...I love coming over and hanging out with them. Kathi set a beautiful table and served a wonderful meal....Also in attendance were her new husband Jim, Kathi's children Erin & Matthew, Erin's new fiance, Erin's dad, Chuck & Don, who is a friend of both Kathi & Chuck...I think. Anyway, it was a wonderful, eclectic mix of people which made for wonderful dinner conversation.

Someone managed to get into this post and post pictures of their FUCKING SONOGRAM!!!! and managed to erase the rest of this post....WHY ON EARTH WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT????? I don't remember what else I wrote and I am NOT trying to wrack my brain remembering.....trust me....it was a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Thanks Kathi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice time. Good ASS potato salad is always a plus.

HOLLA!!!