Friday, November 4, 2005

Once On This Island/Vibe Award Update

Okay, so I get up this morning at 6:30 am because I need to take my nephew to his doctor and guess what??? My lil hoopty, that I just spent like $1200 bucks on WON"T START!!!! I am SO annoyed!!!! Fortunately for me, alternate side of the street parking has been suspended today so I won't get ANOTHER parking ticket. Sigh.

So last night I went to an audition for Once on this Island, a musical that I have performed in the role of Asaka in several times already, but I need to be doing something besides sitting around smoking & eating...so I went and sang last night. It was er....interesting to say the least. This is the third time I have auditioned for this show and it never ceases to amaze me how many white people show up for these castings (it's supposed to be an african american cast...set in the caribbean), I saw two other black people waiting to audition last night...the rest were white. The last time I did this show, the producers made the mistake of casting a white guy as the lead male character and then tried to PAINT HIM BLACK!!! It was hilarious...they only painted his face, hands & feet....he looked like George Hamiliton with a really BAD tanning job....lol.

Anyway, so I sang my 16 bars of "Mama Will Provide" (a song from the show) and got out of there really quickly....So I got an email this morning telling me that I got a call back for the show...I hope they don't make me dance...not my strong suit. They're supposed to be putting up this show at the Producers Club...may God forgive me...but I am just not getting the visual here....The Producers Club is a rather small venue and I am curious as to what the set design will be here.....

I am trying to put my outfits together for the Vibe Awards, so far I have two outfits from Douglas Says and Igigi just Fedexed me a black evening dress...so it's looking good so far. I think I will represent my big girls nicely. I am still tripping about my weight...I went to my nutritionist and got weighed and didn't like the results at all....I have managed to gain 15 or so pounds on my new smoking and eating diet...NOT!!! anyway, I started going back to the gym yesterday and I actually felt good when I was done....I am aware however, that I will have to make some lifestyle changes to get to where I wanna be...which is about 175-180 pounds. This is a good solid weight for me....any more and I look like a crackhead!!!!

Well that's it for now....will keep you posted on the audition updates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up with the gym, girl! It's a hump. Once you get over it (go a few times consistently) you'll not be able to go a day without it! My sister recently started getting into clothes she hasn't in years b/c she kept at it. GO GO GO! I'm just starting to get back into it, so we can keep each other honest :)...

Anonymous said...

Oh boy!