Friday, November 4, 2005

Red Eyes & Recognition

Alrighty then...the time is now 2:54pm and my eyes are completely red.....they have been like this since this morning and I have put like half a bottle of visine in them to no avail....I still look like a demon and I feel like a vampire because direct sunlight hurts. Guess I will be wearing my glasses until I get to LA, cuz a sista can't show up in full diva mode with GLASSES on!!!! lol.

So I didn't make it to the gym today but I walked all over Manhattan picking up clothes and shopping. My first stop was 512 Seventh Avenue where I picked up two evening dresses by New Jersey designer Douglas Says...he gave me this luscious orange evening wrap dress with a thin brown belt with beads on the end and a black & rhinestone 3/4 length dress with a mesh neckline. The clothes are absolutely beautiful and I am going to try and take a lot of pictures for all to see. Then I went to get my eyebrows waxed (I hate it!...makes me wanna sneeze) and I must have browsed through 10 stores before I got back on the train and headed back uptown.

It's funny I used to be completely invisible on the subways but I notice now that everybody speaks to me on the trains now, or they will give me the "I know you but I won't blow your cover" smile and quietly shake my hand. Thus far this has been one of the best things about my "Fat Chance" experience....I am very much a people person and I enjoy talking to people about my experience AND it doesn't hurt that they always want to tell me how beautiful they think I am..lol...It has been a daily occurence since the show aired and I can't say I don't enjoy it....I have been dreaming about it my whole life!

No comments: