Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Vibe Awards 2005...The Arrival & The Shootout

Well, to say that my trip started of badly is an understatement! I somehow managed to miss the exit for JFK Airport and wound up trying to back track to get back on the Belt Parkway....Of course my U Turn put me right in to a big TRAFFIC JAM!!! Which resulted in me missing my 7:00am flight.....can you say ANNOYED????? Fortunately, I was able to get on the 9:00am flight ...I had a window seat with an empty middle seat!!! Needless to say I stretched out and slept for most of the flight. It all worked out because my manager (who was on a different flight) and the other person we were meeting all arrived without minutes of each other...so we able to pick up the rental car and leave for our hotels together. We dropped off Tyrus at the Viceroy Hotel (Which by the way...is FABULOUS!!!) and headed to Venice to my hotel which while...NOT the VICEROY HOTEL...wound up being a pretty nice hotel anyway! I unpacked my things and walked up and down the Santa Monica Pier catching the sights along the way. I walked until the sun began to set and I headed back to my room.

Later on that evening we went to a book party for the release of Iman's new makeup book. Lots of beautiful people around. I saw Golden Brooks from Girlfriends & Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon from NYPD Blue....we stayed for about an hour got our nice little gift bags and moved on to the BMI party which was being held on Hollywood Boulevard. The BMI party turned out to be a bust and we exited as quickly as we entered. As we stood on the sidewalk waiting for the Valet to bring the car around, a shot rang out and hit the driver of a car not more than a foot or two away from me. Needless to say, we were out of there quicker than you could say boo!!! We headed back to our hotel rooms in a state of shock wondering what LA would have to offer us in the morning. The strange thing is....although it shook us....it seemed to be business as usual for everyone else. No one flinched or even ran....just business as usual.

I don't know about you all but when drive-by's become a normal way of life for you.....it's time to MOVE!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you bring home 1 gift bag or did you "steal" extras?
LOL...