Monday, December 1, 2008

Curvy Girl Rainell Gets Eliminated on Blush


Who she is: Rainell Chivonne
Makeup Artist
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Rainell, a freelance makeup artist, has an alter ego she calls “The Glamazon,” whose mission is to glamorize the women of the world. Her ultimate goal is to help women accept who they are and feel comfortable in their own skin. Rainell is passionate, confident and very emotional about her work.
Okay, so I checked out this show online, because my friend Mary Moore has been consistently giving me a heads up on "Curvy Girls Doing Big Things" in the media, so I felt compelled to watch Blush. The competition, which bills itself as "The Search for the Next Great Makeup Artist" is hosted by Vanessa Marcil. I gotta say that as completely and TOTALLY GAY as this show is....I LOVED IT!!! The kids were in full effect on this one ya'll...lol. And for a refreshing change...size had absolutely no influence on the judging...this one is about what you can DO. Unfortunately, Miss Rainell managed to get herself eliminated on the second episode for the cardinal sin of not following the directions given to her for a "look" for a photo shoot. After the director/photographer told her that he hated the look she had presented....home girl steadfastly refused to change it.
I can't really say too much about this because after watching...I agreed that she really did do it to herself and her attitude was THISCLOSE to being piss poor.
I am sure that she probably is a wonderful makeup artist (she couldn't have gotten that far without being good); I only wished she had stayed longer so that I could really see what she was capable of doing. I am very interested in seeing where she goes from here.
Question Family: Why do competitors get on these reality shows and begin having ridiculous conversations about who is worthy of being there and who isn't? HELLO??? YOU'RE there...why in the hell do you even care about why someone else deserves to be there or not? That says to me that you have taken your eyes OFF the prize.
Blush airs Tuesdays at 10pm (est) on Lifetime
"The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural."

1 comment:

The Wino Mom said...

LOL!!! Hey Mama! Thanks for watching a Sista... I enjoyed reading your blog. Check out some of my work. Ciao Fabulous ;)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2004453&l=700b9&id=1550867114

Blush Photos...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2004052&l=8dc21&id=1550867114

My Launch Party...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2004252&l=f7ea3&id=1550867114