Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oprah 'embarrassed' about weight gain

Sigh...I LOVE me some Oprah ya'll but I wish this chick would stop the self hate and love the skin she's in.....I bet the pounds would come off once she comes to terms with herself and her body........She could change the world for a whole lot of people if she just looked in the mirror and loved what she sees.....and then tell the world about if of course...lol...

Oprah Winfrey opens up about her recent weight gain in an eight-page package in the January issue of O. The coverline reads: “How Did I Let This Happen Again?”

Winfrey writes about how and why she has gained 40 pounds in four years, now reaching 200 pounds. That's right. 200.

“I’m mad at myself. I’m embarrassed.”

She goes on, “I didn’t just fall off the wagon. I let the wagon fall on me.”

According to WWD, Winfrey posed for O in January 2005 when she was at 160 pounds, in her workout wear and an evening gown. “I want to repeat the cover with who I am now and what my story is,” Winfrey says.

Of the challenges that led to the weight gain, “This past year, I took myself off of my own priority list. I wasn’t just low on the list, I wasn’t even on the list.”

The media mogul has thyroid conditions (oh, that old saw!) that also slowed her metabolism. After missing meditation, workouts and eating junk food, the weight piled on. Winfrey was reportedly so upset by her weight gain (but not enough to stop eating) that she didn’t allow any full-body covers of herself, only headshots or poses that hid her expanded body.
Coincidentally (we’re sure) Winfrey’s O story will launch a weeklong series on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” beginning Jan. 5, “Oprah’s Best Life Week,” which will give viewers thorough advice on health, spirit, money and relationships to guide them through the new year.

Is this a case of "Do as I say, not as I do?'

Hey, you don't think Oprah gained weight just so she could take it off again for ratings and magazine sales, do you?

Hmmm....

Photo: O magazine
"The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends”

No comments: