Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Cinematherapy Experience

I received an email from my girl Rosie about a month ago letting me know about an appearance that she had made on a show called "Cinematherapy".

In the email she told me what a fun experience it was for her and she also mentioned that they were having a bit of trouble finding folks to interview. She included a contact number and suggested that I give the producers a call.

So I did.

And it turned out to be a wonderful experience for me as well!

Q: So what's Cinematherapy about you ask?

A: You watch a movie on WE tv and comedian Chuck Nice helps people like you let it all out!

It airs between the commercial segments of movies that play on the WE network....lol...the only drawback for me is that you HAVE to watch the movie to catch the segment. (I had a little trouble watching Rosie's clip....it ran during the airing of "Sleeping With The Enemy". That movie is so disturbing to me that I had to turn it off...sorry Rosie.)

Anyway, We taped the show at the movie theater on West 23rd St in Chelsea. I was little apprehensive about sitting on the red plastic blow up furniture (lol...REAL scary)....I had nightmares about sitting down and hearing that "hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss" sound that occurs when the air escapes from balloons...lol...but Chuck assured me I was in no danger of that happening.

It went like this, Chuck tells you which clip has just aired and then asks you a series of questions regarding your thoughts on a similar experience and you just answer naturally....it's as simple as that. The questions were NOT rocket science questions and I had the extreme pleasure of watching the ladies who went before me.

The standout moment for me?

Chuck asked the chick who went before me "If you could have one wish...what would you wish for?"

Perfect question right?

I sat there with visions of world peace, an end to hunger, vast wealth for me & my family going thru my head.....

I was absolutely LAID OUT at this child's answer.....Whoo-hoo family....her answer was.....

wait for it.......

"Grindhouse" (The Quentin Tarantino Movie) on DVD.

Ahhh....the joy of youth! I was finished ya'll I really was...

Doing the show was a blast and Chuck Nice and his staff were absolutely wonderful to work with.
I forwarded the info about the casting to my homie Deb (cuz they told me when I called that were looking for more ahem..."mature" women...lol..and the two of us fit the bill perfectly) and she made her TV debut on this show....she was absolutely giddy.

Then we stopped over at BBQ's for a quick Tangerine Margarita & some wings before we headed back uptown.
My segment will run during the showing of the movie "Maid To Order" but I don't know the air date....when I have it I will definitely post it here.

Thanks for thinking of me Rosie!!!

"Hey, look me over
Tell me do u like what u see?
Hey, I ain't got no money
But honey I'm rich on personality
Hey, check it all out
Baby I know what it's all about
Before the night is through
U will see my point of view
Even if I have 2 scream and shout
Cuz Baby I'mma S-T-A-R!!!"

1 comment:

ThaGataNegrra:[redacted because petty people] said...

Wow... I just did this show myself about a month ago....it was a great experience. I'm glad you had a good time.