Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another one bites the dust....

I almost forgot to mention this one ya'll...I was down at Con Edison the other day paying my bill and as I was leaving I happened to look across the street and saw that "Wimp's"...you know the bakery on 125th St that had those gigantic "Cornbread Layer Cakes" in the windows for YEARS is now OUT OF BUSINESS! I was truly shocked to see this and I haven't heard a thing about what happened here...but I can only speculate that the closing was either due to the recent expansion (they opened up a second floor as sort of a lounge space) that never really took off or the rent was raised to some ridiculous amount of money.

I will assume that it's the latter, since that seems to be happening all over Harlem.

Sigh...who's gonna be next?

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."

2 comments:

Crystal Artis said...

yes, wimps. i love to support local businesses (i'm a harlemite!) and i am so disappointed when the service does not meet the most basic of expectations. each time i've tried to patronize the spot, i have had issues! the cake not being ready, the wrong name on the cake, etc. and there is usually another frustrated patron there dealing with a similar issue. i've no doubt 'revitalization' had lots to do with the closing but their poor customer service is what i remember most.

on a lighter note, thanks for the info about the t-shirt! it hasn't arrived yet but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

have a blessed and prosperous 08! keep up the fantastic work!

The ORIGINAL Runway Diva! said...

Thank you Miss Crystal...I most certainly will try!!