Monday, March 3, 2008

Mo'Nique & The Gastric Bypass Rumors

Hey Family!

I received a distressing call from a pal of mine as I exited the Subway station on my way home. The caller was telling me that Wendy Williams was on the radio blowing up Mo'Nique's spot saying that some celebrity blog site Media Takeout was circulating stories that she's been out of the media eye because she was recovering from gastric bypass surgery.

http://www.mediatakeout.com/21939/rumor_comedian_monique_may_be_getting_her_stomach_stapled.html

My first thoughts and words out of my mouth were:

"I don't believe that."

And I don't.

I have had the pleasure of working with Mo'Nique since I first met her in 2005 as a contestant on Mo'Nique's F.A.T. Chance. I have never met anyone who loves themselves more than she does. This goes against everything she stands for, every word that she's ever spoken, and I won't believe it unless I hear it from Mo' herself. Gastric Bypass is NOT a cure all and is VERY dangerous....I just don't think she would allow someone to cut up her body like that. She's always been a big believer in being healthy and I KNOW for a fact that she works out and of late has been eliminating certain food groups from her diet. I saw her about a month ago and she looks absolutely fabulous, loves her life and is living her dreams....

She's working on SEVERAL movies and perhaps her huge schedule is what is keeping her so busy.

I refuse to speculate about this in the least.

As for the comment posters on that particular blog site - GROW UP, if you can't make a comment that ISN'T littered with typos, profanity and insults - keep it to yourselves....until you can at least write a sentence in proper english. Calling folks big fat b@tches doesn't help the situation at all....and it certainly isn't going to stop the movement......

It's all quite silly to me.

"Our loyalties must transend our race, our tribe, our class and our nation; and this means we must develop a world perspective."

1 comment:

Pamela E. Williams said...

Well said. I had the pleasure of meeting Mo’Nique last year. She is such a charismatic woman who walks what she preaches. I for one can appreciate that. It is a shame that sites such as MediaTakeout can do nothing but bring down fellow people of the race. They constantly spread untruths in the name of site hits and tout that as being poplar on the web, but at whose expense? I first read of this rumor on another site (Belle Noir).

I agree that getting such a drastic procedure done goes against everything that Mo’Nique has stood for over the years. She has been a constant encouragement to countless women all over the country and I suspect world to love themselves as they are.

Thank you for all you do as well. Although I am not a model (writer and author), you remain a constant source of inspiration each time I come to your page or see you on television.