Friday, March 7, 2008

Size Sexy - The Shortest Segment in the History of Mankind?

Greetings Family!

First and foremost....thanks for all of the congratulatory emails, text messages and phone calls...I appreciate your support always.

Let's chat about Rip The Runway 08 for a moment....Shall we? lol...

I watched the entire broadcast of Rip The Runway the other night and the longer I sit and marinate in my thoughts.....the angrier I get.

BET WHAT IS UP WITH YA'LL???

This is the 3rd time I have done this show and while I can ALWAYS find something to complain about if I look closely....this year's slight's are just a straight up slap in the face to plus sized women everywhere.

Is it me or is the "Size Sexy" segment getting shorter every year?

Does it appear that less and less effort goes into this segment each time?

I mean, clocking in at 2:23 seconds??? Is that an ALL TIME RECORD for the shortest segment in history???

The OTHER fashion segments had so much time that the models could stroll leisurely and do ENTIRE DANCE NUMBERS if they so wished....why were we literally RUNNING up and down the runway?

4 models per designer and ONLY TWO DESIGNERS FOR THE ENTIRE SEGMENT???? WTF??? If this is truly the most popular segment each year and the VAST MAJORITY of your demographic is women OVER a size 14.....why would you diss us like that by not giving us the same or comparable amount of screen time as you gave all of the other designers????

No other segment had 3 designers lumped together for an under 3 minute segment. Everyone else showed ENTIRE COLLECTIONS....Why were the plus sized designers only allowed 4 garments each???....come on P. Diddy....play nice.

And no disrespect to the third designer Sixx Foota (who's clothing I actually liked) but that segment was designed for the plus sized woman and to send out four 6-foot tall size 4 models in a pool of plus sized women...I mean....what sort of a subliminal message are you trying to put out here BET????

I didn't get it and from the reaction of the audience....they didn't "get" it either.

That just wasn't cool look in my eyes.....and then to ask us to reposition ourselves so that the size 4's could stand in front????? I don't care if they were from America's Next Top Model!!!! (all the more reason for them NOT to be in that segment)Ya'll know I was biting my tongue till blood filled my mouth...lol!!!

Perhaps I am making too much of the situation....but I really don't think I am.

And Was it me or did it seem like 3/4 of the show was about Mr. Diddy & The Sean Jean Company???? I thought the show was called "Rip The Runway"....not "Rip The Runway in the Sean Jean Collection but only if you are a size 10 or smaller"...

If I keep talking about this I'm just gonna get even madder....why don't you check it out yourselves and let me know your thoughts:



Don't blink lol.....or you may miss us.

Check it out Family:

The Revolution may not be televised....but it IS happening....Be warned.

"The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything -- or nothing."

4 comments:

Christina Mendez said...

Preach on. I think you should send this to Mr. Combs himself and tell him as a business man that “real size” women are the MAJORITY not the MINORITY. He should fire his Marketing team or he should separate his personal preference and concentrate on the FACTS. I found it shocking that I was casted for the Model Search and all my fellow model search winners walked 2-3 times for different designers. But because I was a “Plus Size” model I was only allowed to walk in our 2:23 seconds. Had to rewind it for my mom twice, LOL. I was PISSSSSSSEDDDDDDD…….although I personally own Apple Bottom jeans and I know they carry our sizes; they couldn’t bring me 1 outfit to rock? (BOOOOOOO BOOOOOOO BOOOOO).

The model search winners meet all the designers (minus Qrystal & Monif C) 2 days before the show and I was convinced that 1 or 2 of them would have brought me an outfit. But to my surprise they said NOPE we don’t have anything your size. You biting your tongue? I was thankful for the opportunity and the chance to represent the plus size ladies but your girl was upset.

Mixing us with Sixx Foota models? Ohhhhhh I don’t want to go there. Lets just say Snoop’s doggie wear got more air time then we did.

Yureka Lawrence said...

Ladies This is so true!!I had been waiting for Rip the Runway to air for a while just to see the Size Sexy Sistahs rip it up :( Only to be disappointed!!! They want to believe that Americas was watching the Skinny Minnie models but ladies we all know who america tunes in to watch and even if you had 1.1 seconds you guys did a spectacular job!! Its just sad we didnt get to see more.

Unknown said...

Do we all REALLY expect a man who can't even decide what his own name really is to know ANYTHING about fashion?
Really who honestly thinks this man is a designer? SORRY it ain't happening there are REAL LIFE fashion designers making his lines--I don't honestly think Sean/Puffy/Daddy/Ditty/WhateverHisNameIsToday knows the difference between a whipstitch and a topstitch so to Mr. Sean/Puffy/Daddy/Ditty/WhateverHisNameIsToday stop thinking the world ends at a size 10 and catch up to the REAL designers like Donna Karen, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren and countless others REAL women come in sizes 12, 14, 16 and OMG even 24's.

Unknown said...

Do we all REALLY expect a man who can't even decide what his own name really is to know ANYTHING about fashion?
Really who honestly thinks this man is a designer? SORRY it ain't happening there are REAL LIFE fashion designers making his lines--I don't honestly think Sean/Puffy/Daddy/Ditty/WhateverHisNameIsToday knows the difference between a whipstitch and a topstitch so to Mr. Sean/Puffy/Daddy/Ditty/WhateverHisNameIsToday stop thinking the world ends at a size 10 and catch up to the REAL designers like Donna Karen, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren and countless others REAL women come in sizes 12, 14, 16 and OMG even 24's.