Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Miss Continental Plus - Who Knew???

As the self proclaimed "Voice of a Plus Sized Nation", I don't know WHY I am surprised (cuz everyone else is AHEAD of the game when it comes to inclusion of plus sizes in everyday life) but I happened upon this pageant while researching my "RuPaul Drag Race" blog.

Apparently one of the contestants of "RuPaul's Drag Race" is a former Miss Continental Plus (2003). The "Plus" in her title made me curious and I researched and found that there are a WHOLE bunch of pageants for big, beautiful drag queens or female impersonators (whatever terminology floats your boat).....

And check it...they (the producers) appear to be really organized...I mean they have preliminary pageants in different states and everything!

Here's a pic of Miss Mercedes - The current reigning Miss Continental Plus 2008 in all her glory!


Who Knew?

Simply Fabulous!

If anyone has any more information on when the finals of this pageant are being held or any other plus sized pageant for that matter...please let me know all about it.

"Look at me--a big old black man under all of this makeup, and if I can look beautiful, so can you." — RuPaul

1 comment:

Kennidi said...

the pageant is in chicago every year easter weekend. go to thebatonshowlounge.com for all info on Continental Plus!