Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mo'Nique, Sherri Shepherd & Kim Coles make history!!


What can I say? My Curvy Diva's are making history on
television this fall!!!!

Actress/Comedienne & View Co-Host Sherri Shepherd's new series "Sherri" broke records as the HIGHEST RATED COMEDY DEBUT IN THE HISTORY OF THE LIFETIME NETWORK!!! You GO Girl!!!

Btw...I had the pleasure (and I use that word reluctantly...lol) to attend an taping of the Sherri show on Friday night with my homie Mia Amber. Although I enjoyed the taping....I probably will add sit-com tapings to the list of THINGS THAT I WILL NEVER DO AGAIN!!!! LOL....the taping itself wasn't bad, they provided us with provisions and amenities (i.e. cookies, twizzlers, sandwiches and bottled water) the warm up comedian was EXCELLENT at his job and kept the audience in stitches during the down time. This dude had folks singing, calling their families on the telephone and putting them on speaker...lol...it was HILARIOUS!!...it was the SITTING that was killing me....5 HOURS in the same spot just doesn't work well for me and I realized that going into hour 3 as I got restless as hell (lol). Other than the sitting part, I enjoyed seeing my friends (I sat next to Tonya Giddens, Suzette Banzo & Tiffany Braxton Belvin and Cheetah Girl's author Deborah Gregory was in the audience as well. I think the best part of the whole night for me was when I went to greet Sherri on the reception line, home girl recognized me from MFC and told me that she reads MY blogs (Go Sharon! Go Sharon!!). Definitely words I needed to hear....Mama got me RE-Inspired BIG TIME!!! Thanks Sherri! And continued success with the show!

The Sherri Show airs Tuesdays at 10:00pm EST on Lifetime

For more info on The Sherri Show click here

http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/55c127c0-3265-0f2a-169e-98c87d13f6a3-FB_KimColes_unBET070909_0114.jpg

Curvy Actress/Comedienne Kim Coles made her debut as THE FIRST BLACK WOMAN TO HOST A TELEVISED GAME SHOW....You BETTA Work Kim!!!! Kick down those doors....that's what I say!! Kim is hosting a new game show on BET called "Pay It Off". (I haven't seen it yet so I am reserving comments for now). If you've seen it already fam, please feel free to comment here and tell me your thoughts!

Pay It Off airs on Fridays at 10:00pm EST on BET

For more info on "Pay It Off" Click Here

http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/83180ee6-8ec0-b747-8fb5-ea89ab48c4cc-ontv_fb_MoNique_Standing.jpg

Actress/Comedienne & Curvy Activist Mo'Nique adds yet another title to her long list of accomplishments. On October 5th, she became THE FIRST BLACK WOMAN TO HOST A LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW. The Mo'Nique show which boasts a live band, Big Boy sidekick comedian Rodney Perry & The Curvy Mo'Nique dancers (which I am TOTALLY LOVING because they are the curvy sisters that I met and fell in love with when we were all working together on Mo'Nique's F.A.T. Chance...congrats ladies!!!)

The Mo'Nique Show airs Monday through Friday at 11:00pm EST on BET.


For more info on The Mo'Nique Show click here

These ladies are proof positive that we can (and will) do anything that we put our minds to regardless of our size OR what society says is "the norm" (Ugh. HATE that word).

I salute you all!!

Y'all make sure you continue to SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CURVY GIRL!!!! Don't let history be in vain people.....Tune in and keep them on television!!

"If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again." ~Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker, © Flavia.com

No comments: