Thursday, August 21, 2008

Emperor's Roe Caviar & Fine Foods - CLOSED

And the "hits" just keep on coming family......

Emperor's Roe Caviar & Fine Foods - CLOSED

200 Lenox Avenue
New York, NY 10027
212-866-3700 phone

The gourmet Champagne & Caviar Bar on Lenox Avenue has closed too! This doesn't surprise me because I used to live right around the corner on Mount Morris Park West....lol....

I was walking around the area with my girl Eda when we came across this place a few summers ago. We KNEW immediately when we saw it that it wasn't "for" us....So I gotta believe that there weren't enough "new settlers" in the area yet to keep that place open.

Now as much as I love caviar (with a little chopped onion & egg on a toast round...yummy!) & champagne...you gotta KNOW that the brothers & sisters in that neighborhood wasn't trying to mess with no fish eggs!!! We will eat fish heads (or at least I did when I was a kid) and even pig intestines but we draw the line at caviar....ROFLMAO.

You can still purchase the caviar online though...(www.emperorsroe.com)

“Some people wanted champagne and caviar when they should have had beer and hot dogs”

No comments: