Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Julia Tirado Mason!!!!!

I am sending a very special birthday shout out to my "Chic-A-Go" to my home girl and former roomie and sister from another mister....Julia Tirado Mason.

Jules and I became roommates in the 90's when I lived on Madison Avenue and 124th St. We had a wonderful 4 years in that apartment together....the memories abound....lol....We had a live in squatter-crackhead that occasionally slept in the lobby (cuz his mama wouldn't allow him back in HER apartment) that we nicknamed "The Flea" and he would often yell out and profess his love for me (he stank so badly you could smell him throughout the building...long AFTER he had been on your floor).

After a few months of cohabitating peacefully....out of the blue we began having a serious mice problems in the apartment....we caught so many friggin' mice in those glue traps that we began christening them with names that began with the letter "M".....

MICKEY
MINNIE
METHUSELAH
MENTOLA
MICHAELANGELO
MOSES
MIGUEL
MARIBEL
MARISOL
MARY MAGDALENE.....................

We lost track of the names when we got to number 15....and then someone came to check out the situation. They had to go up under my sink and then remove it where they found.....

A HOLE IN THE WALL THE SIZE OF AUSTRALIA!!!!

I kid you not family! Obviously some repair work had been done prior to my moving in and the lazy azz contractor never bothered to CLOSE THE WALL BACK UP!!! He just pushed the sink up against it....I'm surprised we didn't have rats too!!!

Thanks for the memories Jules!! They were all the more special because you were there!

Have a wonderful birthday chica!


"The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet."

No comments: