Sunday, August 17, 2008

Samantha's off to college.......

My sister's youngest daughter, Samantha is headed up to college to begin her freshman year and we couldn't be more proud of her!

She is the first of her generation to go to college and even now I don't think she realizes how important a move this is for our family.....

I named her Samantha (I am SURE she doesn't know this lil tidbit) because at the time I loved Molly Ringwald's character in the movie "Sixteen Candles"....lol....I just wanted the opportunity to call her "Sam" all day long! My sister wanted to name her "Tierra" or "Sierra" or something like that and I absolutely HATED those names!!!!

She is a beautiful, deep chocolate colored "juicy" doll...that loves dress up and is a budding "Shoe Whore"....lol...like her Aunty.

Of course this is not the first time she has made us proud....she has had all sorts of wonderful "life changing experiences" happen to her early on in her life (my girl has already been to the motherland and has lived among Amish people for a summer!) and her heading off to college is only the beginning of even MORE great experiences for her to tell HER children (when she has them...oh...10-20 years from now..lol) someday.


"There are obviously two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live."

No comments: