Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Project Runway - Drag Queen Challenge

I just watched the latest episode of Project Runway....The Drag Queen Challenge. I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable....lol...mainly because I am a big ol' "fag hag" who loves drag queens!!!

Last season's finalist Chris March started things off in an outfit that made him look like that chick from that JG Wentworth Commercial (I have a structured settlement but I need cash now...Call JG Wentworth 877-CASH-NOW!!!) on steroids....roflmao!!

The rest of the ladies were cool and Acid Betty definitely has a new fan in me!
But I don't know what puzzled me more....the fact that they completely skipped over the plus sized challenge or the fact that there wasn't more diversity in the ladies.....The lone african american drag queen was the ALWAYS fabulous RuPaul and SHE was a judge! Boy did they ever need Miss Harmonica Sunbeam (who has body and booty to DIE for!) camping it up on the runway for this one!
















Was it me or did it seem like the ALL of the judges were having an absolute 'kee-kee" over this particular fashion show??? I have never seen ANY of them smile or laugh as much as they did on this particular challenge....Michael Kors was just having himself a grand ol' time (I actually liked seeing him relaxed and queening it up like this...it gave him a very human quality, which I found very appealing).

Although I must say I did disagree with this challenge's eliminee? (lol..is that even a word??)....I loved Daniel's dress (ya'll know I am a fan of yellows, oranges & pinks) and I think he listened to what his "model" told him....the dress was beautiful and it didn't need sequins and rhinestones....AND it looked fabu on the model.

I liked it....I would wear that dress....and lol....maybe that was the problem with it.

Bring on the big girls to REALLY turn your runway out Heidi!!! It's very obvious that your show needs the inspiration that a plus girl challenge would bring! Stop playing and in the words of Spike Lee....

Do The Right Thing!


"Half our mistakes in life arises from feeling where we ought to think, and thinking where we ought to feel."

No comments: