Saturday, August 23, 2008

Obama Taps Biden as his Running Mate

What's Up Family?

I just read this news when I logged on this morning....Now NORMALLY, I don't really follow politics that much (people do CRAZY things in the heat of passionate discussions...lol). But this is a very strange time that we are living in now and with our struggling economy, education at an all time low and this seemingly never ending war....I think that it would be VERY foolish for us to NOT pay CLOSE attention to what's happening in politics right now....

From AOL Black Voices:

Posted Aug 23rd 2008 1:00PM by Jeff Douglas
Filed under: BlackSpin, Elections, Barack Obama

No more guessing, Sen. Barack Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his VP.



Photo courtesy of The Chicago Tribune


The news came overnight Saturday ... did you get the text message?

Praise for the VP pick is coming from all directions.

"Sen. Biden will be a purposeful and dynamic vice president who will help Sen. Obama both win the presidency and govern this great country," Hilliary Clinton said in a statement. ...

So who's Biden?


He's 65 and has made two runs for the White House, first in 1988. He's a Catholic with blue-collar roots, a liberal voting record and a rep for being an excellent speaker.

Biden has spent 30 years in the Senate serving on the Foreign Relations Committee and Judiciary Committee. He's helped pick Supreme Court nominees and break down Constitutional issues.

He brings the so-called experience that Obama is has been criticized for lacking.

What do you think ... is it your dream ticket?


Well, I am a STRONG supporter of Senator Obama myself but I don't know if it's MY "dream ticket" just yet...I was actually kinda feeling the "Barack Obama - Caroline Kennedy" rumors that were going around a few months ago...

I don't know much about Sen. Biden yet, so I will hold my opinions until I do.

Don't forget to "Barack" The Vote in November Family!!!



“As Americans, we can take enormous pride in the fact that courage has been inspired by our own struggle for freedom, by the tradition of democratic law secured by our forefathers and enshrined in our Constitution. It is a tradition that says all men are created equal under the law and that no one is above it.” -Barack Obama

No comments: