Sunday, August 10, 2008

Madeline "Maddy" Figueroa-Jones Baby Shower

Morning Fam!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a baby shower for Plus Model Magazine Editor, Madeline "Maddy" Figueroa-Jones and her husband, Photographer Luke Jones.

The party was held at Riccardo's in Queens and they had an amazing turnout at the party. I haven't seen that many shower gifts in a very long time.

The weather turned out to be warm and beautiful as I hopped on an M60 bus towards LaGuardia Airport. After a short walk, I found the place without to many problems and I was pleased to see most of my friends had already arrived when I got there. I quickly found my seat at a table with
Me, Sharon J, Diva, Rocky & Tonya

Gwen DeVoe, Rocky Grate, Tonya Giddens, Shante Gordon & Al Haynes. I took a moment to deposit my things in a chair and then I began to make my way around the room to greet Maddy & Luke's families.
The happy couple arrived about an hour later, and although they were aware that the shower was happening...I think even THEY were surprised by the turnout and the outpouring of gifts and love from their friends and families.

A glowing Maddy with clothing designer Robert E. Knight


Maddy was absolutely radiant, all done up in a hot pink satin original design by Robert E. Knight.
Madison gets a matching dress like mommy's from Robert E. Knight!

Robert even made a matching dress for little Madison to wear when she arrives - Fabulous!!!!
Also in attendance were my extended DSE family: Sharon Jones & her fiance' Stacy
makeup artist Tara Taylor, Plus Models Fluvia Acervedo,
Mia Amber, Jeannie Ferguson & her partner Ife, Lissa Esseling,

Sharon J, Mia, Lissa, Shante, Me, Diva & Maddy


The food service began with a sprawling buffet (awesome ribs family!!) and everyone began to fill up their plates and quietly chat while a video tribute from Maddy's grandparents (who couldn't be in attendance) played on screen. Gwen opened up the video presentation with a few words and dedications from Maddy's mom and a tribute from her late dad that was quite moving. As the food service ended,

Maddy & Luke opening their gifts!
the opening of the MANY gifts commenced as the staff began circulating slices of cake and coffee around the room.
On the way out we got beautiful "purse" shaped picture frames to take home

along with kisses and thanks from Maddy. As I stood outside and chatted with Maddy & her mom as the gifts were being loaded into several cars for transport....I told Maddy that there was absolutely NO DOUBT that little Madison would be a Baby Diva in the making.....lol...look at all the fabulous aunties she has already!

Maddy & Lil Madison in the park with all of her Model Aunties-to-Be

Congrats again to Luke & Maddy and Welcome Little Madison!!!!







"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."

No comments: