Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is There a J5 Reunion in the near future???

Yo Fam!

If you know anything at all about me then you know that I have to be one of the BIGGEST Jackson Five fans on the planet! I bought (and still have) most if not all of their albums on vinyl....including the clunkers (Joyful Jukebox Music....lol...remember THAT one...their last album on Motown before they went to Epic Records - lol...got it out the dollar bin at a flea market). I have all of their solo albums and "The J5 Christmas Album" is still in heavy rotation in my stereo during the holidays....


Remember the cartoon? (Hey! Did you know that Edmund Sylvers was the voice of Marlon Jackson in the cartoon?- A lil' trivia for ya fam!)and I remember one summer in particular that I was outside dancing and creating dance steps with my friends in the little playground on East 129th Street between (Madison & Park Aves) to the sounds of "The Love You Save" blaring through the radio.


When I was like 13-14 years old my mom took me, Karen Newman & few other of my friends down to Radio City Music Hall to purchase tickets for their upcoming concert (The concert was awesome - the Hues Corporation opened the show with "Rock The Boat" and later on during the show I was standing on a seat trying to get a better view of Michael and a security person punched me in the stomach...This was back when Papa Joe was trying to work on that whole "Vegas Revue Thing" and we got to see the entire family (Janet, Randy & Rebbie!).



Well, the beehive is buzzing with the rumor that after all these years there might actually be a J5 reunion in the works (you KNOW Michael is the LONE hold out right?)....



I took this from a blog I found earlier....


BMI to honor the Jacksons at annual Urban Awards
Mon Aug 4, 9:05 AM ET


There's a possibility for a Jacksons reunion of sorts — the brothers are set to be honored as BMI Icons at its annual Urban Awards next month.

So far, all the brothers, with the exception of Michael, have confirmed their attendance at the event, to be held Sept. 4 at the Wilshire Theatre in Beverly Hills, according to Broadcast Music Inc.'s publicist. An all-star tribute is planned, according to a release issued Monday.
The Jackson Five — which included Michael along with Marlon, Jackie, Tito and Jermaine — were a groundbreaking, best-selling act with classics that include "ABC" and "I Want You Back"; they have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The group, with brother Randy replacing Jermaine, became the Jacksons after leaving Motown in 1976. They continued their multiplatinum success with hits including "Heartbreak Hotel" and "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)." Both versions of the group will be honored.

There have been rumblings of a possible Jacksons reunion for years. The last album that featured all of them in some form was in 1989 and they haven't performed together in years.


The BMI Urban Awards honor R&B and hip-hop's top hitmakers.
___
On the Net:
http://www.bmi.com

Personally I would LOVE to see Sigmund Esco, Toriano Adarryl, Jermaine LaJeune, Marlon David & Michael Joseph back on the stage together again.

I have been a fan since the beginning of time!! I remember watching them debut on The Ed Sullivan Show...I loved them so much that when they appeared on The Flip Wilson Show and the sound tube (lol @a sound tube..how old is THAT?) went out on our television...I watched them on "mute"...brokenhearted but glued to the television nonetheless.

The last time I saw them together live was when the Victory Tour came to Madison Square Garden and even back then they put on a hell of show.
Come on Michael....Stop trippin' it's most definitely time.....
Your brothers looked out and supported you during your molestation trial....return the favor.
It ain't like you have so much to do these days....(and I say that with love fam!..lol).
"Let brother help brother."

No comments: