Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pasha Diallo on The Secret Lives of Women

What's up family!

I just finished checking out the "Specialty Models" episode on "The Secret Lives of Women" on the WE Channel....and was surprised to see a familiar face on the show. One of the featured specialty models was a plus sized model out of Baltimore, Maryland named Pasha Diallo.


Pasha looked familiar to me because a few years back she was the winner of one of Ashley Stewart's Model Search Contests and she reminds me of my home girl and fellow plus sized model, Chyna McGarity from Atlanta, GA

Her segment was interesting, we got to see her at home with her family, on set doing a TFP (Test or Trade for Photos), a lingerie photo shoot and getting a little exercise in with her friends. She also said something that resonated deep within me...she said that she goes to shows and folks will ask her if she's there to do the hair or the makeup....lol...That used to happen to me and my other plus model friends ALL the time back in the day....(except that if it wasn't hair or makeup....the thought we (the plus sized models) were a SINGING GROUP!!!)....and this was at LEAST 10-15 years ago....It amazes me that in 2008 the same ignorant crap still goes on....get real people!!!

The Secret Lives of Women airs on The Women's Entertainment Channel (WE TV) Channel 59 on Manhattan's Time Warner Cable. Check your local listings for repeat airings and show times.

Congrats Pasha!

"A smart model is a good model."

No comments: