Saturday, March 28, 2009

Star Jones Launches New Blog

Star Jones

TV personality Star Jones turned 47 yesterday.

The former co-host of ABC's 'The View' commemorated the day by launching a new blog called 'Positively Star.'

Jones wrote on the blog on her birthday about how a medical diagnosis when she was 19-years-old gave her just nine months to live.

"Actually, I wasn't supposed to see 47. Heck, I wasn't supposed to see 20," Jones wrote. "At 19 I was in my last year of college and I was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor in my chest. The tumor was growing daily and it had wrapped itself around my esophagus, lay between my lungs and under my heart. I was given nine months to live. I'd always wanted to be a lawyer so something in me said fight and I did. I found a doctor who didn't think the tumor was inoperable and he (after eight hours of surgery) removed it and got it all out. I was back in class seven days later. Eight weeks of radiation, five days a week followed. I graduated from college on time, went on to law school and began living my dreams. My thyroid was destroyed in the process which caused me to gain weight over the years...but other than a scar down the center of my chest; you'd never know I got a death sentence over 25 years

ago.


How good is God!"


To read the rest of the story click HERE:


Source: Jawn Murray Blackvoices.ocom


“No matter what our achievements might be, we think well of ourselves only in rare moments. We need people to bear witness against our inner judge, who keeps book on our shortcomings and transgressions. We need people to convince us that we are not as bad as we think we are.”

- Eric Hoffer


No comments: