Sunday, February 3, 2008

That Fashion Show Downtown.....Hmmmmm......

Last night I attended a fashion show downtown in the fashion district. I was actually attending to see if I could scout some new faces for IPM. I was familiar with this company because I was acquainted with one of the owners who died a few years ago. I will not mention his name nor the company's name to honor his memory with fashion folks.

All I will say is this...the show was 45 minutes late getting started and after someone thought it would be a good idea to send a leggy, full breasted (NOT FULL FIGURED) model out in a VERY SMALL ribbed turtleneck and some damn pumps (she had to keep pulling the shirt down to keep us from seeing her ass!)and no panties (well...maybe she had on a thong)...I knew it was time for me to go. I had seen quite a bit of her butt for the few moments she was on the floor. AND it disturbed me that this model probably didn't question the judgements of those that decided it would be a good idea to rock a turtleneck.....and nothing else.

I didn't know you could pass off GAP turtlenecks as new fashion designs.

Although from the looks of the room, it pleased the men....you could see from the faces of the women that they were aghast and they didn't get it either.

I stayed long enough to see one plus sized model and I simply couldn't take it anymore.

I LOATHE Shows like this. I really do.

Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky.

Class has nothing to do with money.

Class never runs scared.

It is self-discipline and self-knowledge.

It’s the sure footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life.

No comments: