Monday, November 10, 2008

Oxygen Network Now Casting Dance Your Ass Off

DANCE YOUR ASS OFF:

Are you overweight but light on your feet? Has every diet you've tried, failed? Is every weight-loss program just too boring for you to stick to?

Drop the Ho-Ho's and do the hustle, it's time to DANCE YOUR ASS OFF!

We are offering the chance of a lifetime to 10 men and women to waltz their way into a healthier lifestyle. With the help of our expert nutritionists and top-notch professional dance partners, you will become the ultimate dancing-machine!

Break the routine and learn OURS! You too can dance like the stars, so put down that milkshake and shake what your momma gave you!

The Oxygen Network is currently seeking men and women who are at least the age of 21 and appear younger than 40 who want to accept the challenge in this dance competition series where your loss is the biggest gain.

Shake and rattle your rolls, it's time to boogie....

Um...."Drop the Ho-Ho's and do the Hustle" & "Shake and rattle your rolls"?....whooo.....that's REAL close to being insulting....

Well, this leaves ME out....I live in New York and lol....my poor knees are shot to hell...but I know a LOT of my curvy divas have phenomenal moves on the dance floor.....

This should be interesting. I totally understand the need for folks to be healthy....and if you have fun doing it...that's even better! I just wish that someone would come up with a show with a plus sized premise that DOESN'T always involve losing weight.

This particular casting is in LA....if any of you guys decide to check it out...please hit me up with a comment here or email me at Origrunwaydiva@aol.com and let me know how it goes and how you were treated.

Los Angeles Open Call for Oxygen's "Dance Your Ass Off".

Sunday, November 23, 2008
11:00am to 6:00pm
Edge Performing Arts Center
1020 Cole Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90038

Casting call open to anyone ages 21 and over who need to lose between 40-60 pounds and would like to lose weight through dance. Bring a head shot or snapshot and wear comfortable clothes you can dance in. You will be asked to perform a 1 minute freestyle dance routine to our music.

Street parking only.

**One piece of advice: All the info you need to be ready for the casting is listed here, don't play yourself by showing up unprepared.**

“If to dance is to dream, then you make dreams come true”

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not going to the open auditions, as I live in Oklahoma, but I did send in a video. I have been treated very well, I even got a call from a casting person after I applied to discuss what the tape needed. I am VERY excited about it. dontneedaspaceship@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I went to the open auditions and had a great time. We were all treated very well and the casting people were really nice. I didn't feel like we were being looked at as spectacles but as people who really want to make a change in their lives but also have fun while you're doing it. I was called in to do a more in depth interview after I danced(everyone wasn't called back). So hopefully by Dec. 8th I get a call back to do even more interviews and from there they decide on the final cast. But I will say this, I was very surprised there were not more people there to try out. I go there at 1:30 and there were about 30 people there at that time. But casting was from 11am-6pm, so there were probably lots more I didn't see. All in all it was a fun day for me.

Anonymous said...

I also got a call back and sent in a second video. About 2 days later I was called and told to keep a few days open to meet the producers. I am so EXCITED! This can really change my life and that of my family.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if anyone knew what the contestants were playing for. Obviously weight loss but is there a prize? When are they going to announce the cast?

Anonymous said...

Are there any updates. Did Lauren and anonymous get picked or meet with the producers? Did they say when the contestants would get picked?

Anonymous said...

I am sure the contestants have already been picked. They said back in November that they were going to start filming at the end of this month.

lovenati said...

i read your blog and somehow I missed this...awwww...

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for this! I've been on the road since October 08 and missed this completely. When is casting for season 2. I live to dance and need a change. Life on the road and falling in love was not kind to my weight.

Anonymous said...

I am dying to find out when the next set of open auditions are...anyone have an idea of when that might be? If you have any info at all, that would be great. Thanks everyone!

Secret Life of a Fat Girl said...

Open calls are going on during the month of December.

Dance Your Ass Off Season 2 - Dallas Audition
Start: Dec 5 2009 10:00 am
End: Dec 5 2009 4:00 pm

Dallas Powerhouse of Dance
12300 Inwood Road #124
Dallas, TX 75244
(In Summertree Shopping Center)
www.dallaspowerhouse.com



Start: Dec 12 2009 10:00 am
End: Dec 12 2009 4:00 pm

Formally Ballet Chicago
218 South Wabash 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60604
(On The Corner of Adams Street. This is a Warehouse.)



Start: Dec 18 2009 1:00 pm
End: Dec 18 2009 8:00 pm

Dance Sport
22 West 34th Street
NY, NY 10001
www.dancesport.com


Hope the info helps!