Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Plus Size In The City Holiday Meet & Greet 2008



Last night I attended a holiday meet & greet hosted by Keir Walker and his Plus Size in the City group. The party was held at Jay-Z's 40/40 Club in Manhattan. It was an after work event that was scheduled to begin at 6pm. I arrived a little after 8pm and there was a nice little group of ladies already in attendance. I checked in with the hostesses at the door; who quickly bestowed me with an official Barack Obama t-Shirt (I was giddy at the thought of getting one because I'd been coveting them since BEFORE election night!) and a raffle ticket for the drawing later on.

I made my way over to Keir and he walked me around the room and made introductions. I spotted my publicist, Mary Moore sitting across the room and hightailed it over in her direction. I took off my coat and sat down and immediately began catching her up with all that I've been up to. As we talked, the room began to fill up with familiar faces; Catherine Schuller (Divabetic), Theresa Randolph (JT Productions), designer Qristyl Frazier (who gave me some wonderful news that I am not allowed to talk about yet), Plus models Chanel, Christina Mendez & Tiffany Braxton. I had a long talk with Keya Odom, the publisher of Solid Woman's Magazine.

I stepped outside for a moment and was chatting with a friend; when a brother (a little drunk) decided to serenade us with his own personal version of Ain't Nothing But A G Thin....lol...he ran us back inside quickly.

At 9pm, Keir took the floor and began introducing some of the Plus Size in the City Models and his staff to the crowd. Then he raffled off some great prizes (including a trip) and thanked everyone for coming. Mary's husband Syncere was on hand to photograph the event and the picture taking began..lol...it was crazy for a moment.

I knew I had to get home to begin prepping my food for the holiday, so I wrapped up things with Mary and headed towards the door. I said goodbye to the cutie at the door and hopped on a train back up town.

I was so tired when I got back home that I forgot all about prepping my food and went right to bed.

Nice Party Keir, thanks for inviting me!

"I have always thought of Christmas as a good time; a kind, forgiving, generous, pleasant time; a time when men and women seem to open their hearts freely, and so I say, God bless Christmas!"

No comments: