Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stylista's Resident Curvy Chick - Danielle!!

Alrighty Family,

I got an email the other day from my publicist alerting me about curvy diva Danielle on The CW's newest hit "Stylista". Apparently this chick is a really good stylist and so far her size and/or appearance is not an issue thus far. I have never been able to catch this show before and unfortunately, I tuned in to tonight's show and it was a group challenge that rapidly got on my damn nerves. It (the show) quickly disintegrated into a bunch of crap about the contestants telling each other who they think isn't deserving of still being there and why they are better than every one else. Who they like and who they don't like....bladdah...bladdah...bladdah. It was a whole bunch of screaming and hollering and it turned me off with alarming speed. It was like watching a bunch of grade schooler's play the dozens and/or bickering in the playground. Totally annoying.

I didn't get to see what she's really able to do by herself....sigh....so I guess I'll have to be a good girl and tune in next week. But if next week's episode is anything like this one - it's gonna be painful for me to watch. But I WILL watch because I gotta support my curvy divas doing their thing!

On a good note, I heard that Miss Danielle really "did her styling thang" in earlier episodes - I think I'mma have to go online and try to see what I missed, cuz this episode tonight made the hairs on my neck stand up - for real!

Here's a little info on Danielle:

Danielle


Age:
22

Hometown:
Queens, NY

Current Location:
Brooklyn, NY

Occupation:
Visual Merchandiser

Education: Art school dropout (Pratt Institute)

Interests: Old records, photo shoots, vintage fashion magazines, outside shows and dancing all night.

Fashion Icons/Designers: Rock stars like Stevie Nicks, Debbie Harry and Jenny Lewis.

Anything else? Favorite movie is "Annie Hall."

Stylista airs on the CW Network (Channel 11 NYC) on Wednesday evenings at 9:00pm.

“Change will never happen when people lack the ability and courage to see themselves for who they are.”

No comments: