Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chrisette Michele Wants To Play Ella Fitzgerald

Soul star Chrisette Michele is calling on movie producers to make a biopic about Ella Fitzgerald - and cast her in the lead role.

The Grammy winner is busy focusing on the release of her new album Epiphany, which hit stores in the U.S. on Tuesday (05May09), but she's eyeing a move to the big screen and would love to portray her late idol.

She tells Wenn, "I'd love to play Ella Fitzgerald. I've loved and admired her since I was young. That (role) would be a dream come true."

But she might have a little big star competition - Beyonce, who played R&B diva Etta James in 2008 film Cadillac Records, has also expressed an interest in portraying Fitzgerald on the big screen.

Source: The Post Chronicle.com

Hmmm....I dunno fam....somehow...I just don't see Miss Beyonce pulling this particular role off....she's pretty overexposed at the moment....at least that's how it looks from where I am standing.....

No comments: