Monday, May 11, 2009

More Buzz on Full Figured Fashion Week in NYC

The buzz about Full Figured Fashion Week in NYC grows daily....there's a great interview with the creator of the event at fablove.wordpress.com...check out the excerpt below....

Full Figured Fashion Week will commence on June 25th –June 27th of this year in New York City and buzz is not only surrounding the event, but also its creator, Ms. Gwen DeVoe.

gwenGwen DeVoe is the Founder and CEO of DeVoe Siganature Events (DSE), an event production and managemnent company for plus size affairs. Ms. DeVoe is a former plus size model and has created numerous events that cater to plus size consumers, models and the plus community as a whole. She travels the United States with DSE uplifting and empowering plus size women with workshops, fashion shows, and a remarkable sample sale experience. Recently, I had the opportunity to interview Ms. DeVoe. In the interview, she speaks to fablove on FFFWeek, other events that highlight plus size women and fashion and plans to take FFFWeek international.

For those who are just being introduced to you, how long have you been in the fashion industry?

Collectively, I have been in the fashion industry for over 15 years.

How did DeVoe Signature Events (DSE) come about; was this an idea of your own or did it evolve from a team of individuals?

DeVoe Signature Events, was a company that I started on my own after having been a party promoter under the name of Diva Affairs.

gd interview curvesity_awards_21DSE does lots of events/mixers for plus size women, what makes you focus exclusively on plus size women?

I focus on plus size women because I am a plus size woman and I know the challenges I sometimes face when I am looking for events that are specifically targeted to my interests.

One of the events coming up very soon is Full Figured Fashion Week (FFFWeek)…Can you tell us a little about the inspiration and concept behind this event?

I was inspired to create FFFWeek because plus size fashion designers have traditionally been left out of the traditional Fashion Week events. Also, I believe that plus size consumers need to know that there are other choices available to them besides those that they are accustomed to hearing about.

Is the goal for FFFWeek to become as respected and anticipated as say, New York Fashion Week or Paris Fashion Week?

That is absolutely the goal. But, in order to get this respect, we need the support of the plus size community and the media, or it will be just another “event” or another “fashion show.”

CLICK HERE to read the rest of the interview....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Ms. Quinn. Thanks for mention...I really appreciate it. I have been a fan of yours for so long and I love your blog. When you have the need for someone to post about what you're doing, please feel free to let me know. I will gladly post for you. Thanks, again. :-)

JB

Actress/Model/Singer/Songwriter/Writer/Motivational Speaker said...

Wow! I know that this event is going to be OFF THA HOOK! Too bad I'm unemployed right now and have no money to go:-(. Oh well, can't wait til next year!:-)