Saturday, May 16, 2009

Memories of Mallomars & Madison Avenue

You know every time I hang out with my homie Deb, something will happen at her house that will jog some long lost memory of mine from childhood.

This weeks visit was no different, in the midst of my visit my girl pulled out a box of Nabisco Mallomars....

I have not had a Mallomar since I was a young girl....my cousin Carl and I used to eat them ALL the time (I seem to recall that Nabisco or another company had a sister cookie that had a marshmallow center and two vanilla cookies....I can't remember what they were called but Carl LOVED those and I was (and am still) a chocolate fiend...).

I took one bite of that wonderful dark chocolate/marshmallow/cookie goodness and it was so yummy that I was immediately transported back to basement of 48 East 129th Street between Madison & Park Avenues; where Carl & I swung on the pipes and played in the coal pile for fun and ate ketchup & mayonnaise sandwiches because they were DELICIOUS!!!....lol...(yeah...I KNOW...I'm trippin')...

But this is what happens whenever I hang at Deb's house.

You know usually when I get a craving for something from my youth (Spam, Pink Champale, Spiced Ham & Cheese sandwiches, Yodels...etc) I am THOROUGHLY disappointed, they're usually loaded with so many chemicals that it's disgusting and it NEVER tastes quite like they did back then. But with the Mallomars they were so good that she had to take the box away from me....just like I remembered...

Needless to say I'mma be on the hunt for a few boxes soon.....

No comments: