Sunny Anderson is a former reporter for Vibe Magazine, and the daughter of a military father. Today she hosts her own show on Food Network, “Cooking for Real” that features her talent for introducing comfort food to the exotic flavors she came to love during her travels.
May is National Salad Month and area farmer’s markets recently opened for the season making available the freshest of produce.
So Sunny shared her recipe for Spring Goddess Salad.
Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson, 2008
4 servings, plus extra dressing
For the salad:
- 1/2 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 hearts romaine, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 English cucumber, including peel, sliced
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed, patted dry, and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl combine onion slices and romaine. Set aside.
In a food processor, combine all the dressing ingredients and puree until smooth. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Pour half of the dressing over salad and toss. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
Source: Urban Views Weekly