Sunday, October 19, 2008

Band of the Hand Perhaps?

Happy Sunday Family!

Today I went downtown to my girlfriend's house to watch the football game with a few of her friends. I was the first to arrive and we decided to get comfortable by opening a bottle of wine. We were sipping, talking and listening to R&B Soul music on Time Warner's Music Choice station when the folks began to arrive. Jungle Fever by the Chakachas came on the and we talked about how scandalous this was when it first came out.


I gotta tell you family this must have been the first time in history that I have listened to this song in its entirety....so this is the first time that I heard the person snoring at the end of the song (it's around the 4 minute 10 second point of the song).



And that's when it hit me - all this time we (me & my teenage friends) had been snickering every time this song came on it was because we thought she was having sex. ...the snoring made me realize that - yeah...she having sex alright....WITH HERSELF!!! This chick was masturbating the whole time! (Please tell me SOMEONE else knew this besides me!!!!)

The second to arrive was Deb's friend Sparky (who was sporting a wonderful new look). At this point the music started to take us down memory lane and Deb began pulling out vintage classic LP's from her wall unit. She stumbled upon some old Ohio Players albums and we began to marvel at the classic albumcovers that were the Ohio Players

signature look. As we began to reminisce I began to take a closer look at the albums because I have long been fascinated with the bald model. But it was the Climax/Orgasm cover that really got me....



Apparently, the band didn't approve of the "Climax" cover, an album of unfinished tracks released after they signed to Mercury Records. Since the bald lady had come to represent the band to many fans, Westbound Records was implying that OP stabbed them in the back when leaving for Mercury. The kee-kee is this - when I first looked at the cover all I saw was the dagger and the blood but upon closer examination and I saw that the "dagger" is not only a dagger but her hand is also holding a "chocolate" penis and masturbating! (please tell me I am NOT the only one who sees this???)

Hey! Does anyone know the name of the bald headed model in the photos? This chick was WAY ahead of her time and I wonder where she is and what she looks like now. (I bet my girl T-Boogie or Carlton Smith knows her name - lol...they ALWAYS know trivia stuff like that!)

There's also an Ohio Players Greatest Hits album that has this same chick with a blonde colored "noose" around her neck when you open the album's inset. (I couldn't find a photo of that one though...I'll have to go back to Deb's and take a photo.

She also has this beautiful album cover that features a devastatingly gorgeous Phyllis Hyman in her prime.




The album is title "Goddess of Love" and I can't think of any one who was more worthy of this title than this Diva!

"The one thing that it seems impossible to escape from, once the habit is formed, is masturbation. "

No comments: