Tuesday, October 7, 2008

TiVo Alert!!!! Plus Models on The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency Tonight!!!!

Tonight on Oxygen's The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency debuts their new plus sized modeling division. The episode showcases my home girl Mia Amber Davis
and I heard about this segment MONTHS ago and have been eagerly awaiting its airing. I received an email blast sent to all of "Mo'Nique's F.A.T. Chance" fans and it read something like this:

F.A.T. Girls Rock The Catwalk Tonight!

Hi Mo’Nique Fans!

Long time no speak. It's been a crazy past few months, but we wanted to give everyone a heads-up about something that we all can appreciate. Plus-size women taking over the catwalk.

Tonight’s episode of “The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency” is going to be fierce. For the first time EVER plus-size models are a part of the agency.

Rejoice! There’s finally enough room on the runway for women of all shapes and sizes. “The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency” is on tonight at 10/9C.


PHOTOS

Meet Alana Chandler! Alana is one of the new plus-size beauties in the JDMA. Get to know all about this voluptuous new model.

View photos of Alana:


BLOGS

New plus-size model Amber Kenian blogs about her experience in the agency: “Janice is definitely set in her ways. It's not going to be easy to convince her otherwise. I'm sure there's a gorgeous plus size model out there somewhere that can make it happen!”

Read the rest of her inspirational blog:


Now my girl Mia has been VERY apprehensive about what will be shown and how she'll be portrayed on camera. I saw the promos for this episode and the moment I heard Janice make the "Whale" comment....I understood immediately the reasoning for her apprehension. I get the feeling that these plus sized models will be a part of the agency for this episode and maybe one more before she decides it isn't going to work out. I mean, after all this IS the chick who said"

"I don't want to represent plus sizes, but we gave it a shot. I love fat people; I just don't want anything to do with them. Is that bad?"

- Janice Dickinson, On bringing plus-size models into her agency for the first time.

I will be watching this episode closely, as I am tired of us being the butt of everyone's damn jokes. With over 2/3 of the population being a size 14 & larger and with our spending upwards of 50 BILLION in retail fashion - Surely someone sees the profitablility in utilizing plus sized models in fashion and is interested in doing it the RIGHT way?

I am so tired of waiting for the straight sized segment of the population to invite us into their little club. I am tired of them deciding for US who OUR icons and heros should be. If you don't want us under your tents for fashion week, perhaps it is time for us to come together and create our OWN. If you don't want to write and create decent programming in television & film for us that DOESN'T degrade us or make us look like buffoons - perhaps it is time for us to come together and create out OWN. But we cannot do this until we stop fighting amongst ourselves and wasting time arguing over who is fat enough to be in the "fat girl club".

This sort of mentality will kill us before we even get out of the gate.

Feel me fam?

But I digress...make sure you tune into tonight for the premiere airing of the "Livin' Large" episode of the "Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency" on Oxygen.

10pm/9c “The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency” - Episode 7: Living Large - SO NEW! 11pm/10c “The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency” - Episode 7: Living Large - Encore
“The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity."

No comments: