Thursday, October 16, 2008

Archway Cookies to go Out of Business??

Horror of Horrors Family!!
I just got word that the Archway Cookie Company has filed for Chapter 11 and has already closed.....See story below:

Archway Cookies Files For BankruptcyManufacturing.Net - October 07, 2008

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) -- The maker of Archway and Mother's cookies has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the wake of rising food and fuel costs and plans to end its U.S. operations.

Archway & Mother's Cookie Co. Inc. on Monday announced the filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware for its Mother's Cake & Cookie Co. and Archway Cookies LLC subsidiaries.

The Battle Creek Enquirer reports the announcement came three days after the company sent notices to the cities of Battle Creek and Ashland, Ohio, stating that operations in those cities would close.

Archway had its headquarters in Battle Creek and a plant in Ashland.

Spokeswoman Meaghan Repko says the company's Kitchener, Ontario, manufacturing plant was not part of the bankruptcy filing.

Let me ask you this family...

HAVE YOU EVER HAD AN ARCHWAY OATMEAL, FUDGE, LEMON OR COCONUT COOKIE?????

Okay if you are not reaching for a tissue to wipe away the tears at this news - then it's safe to say you haven't had one yet!!! They are hella good!!!

These were truly some of the best cookies I have ever eaten! I am a soft cookie fan and the oatmeal cookies are absolutely TO DIE FOR!!!

They're so good they make me yearn for a glass of milk to dunk one in (and I HATE milk ya'll!) but yeah....they are THAT good.

None of that awful chemical after taste that you get with most commercially produced cookies nowadays.

Dang! I'mma miss them....

I think I'll run out to the supermarket right now to stock up on what's left.....lol

Ciao Familia!!

"Today, certain people file for bankruptcy, businesses and individuals, and it no longer has the stigma it once had. Now it's almost considered wise, a way to regroup and come back again."

1 comment:

Runner Girl said...

I don't know where you are, but Archway is back! I just found them in Harris Teeter supermarket.