Saturday, October 4, 2008

I am LOVING Jennifer Hudson right now.....

You know what family?

I just finished checking out the first part of Jawn Murray's interview of Jennifer Hudson on AOL's BV Buzz Column and I absolutely LOVED some of the things that this lady said during this interview. I simply hate it when a big gal makes a name for herself on the worldwide stage and then tries to distance herself from the community. (i.e. you know...celebs who are not willing to readily identify themselves as plus sized women when it is usually GLARINGLY OBVIOUS that that's what they are...lol).

I loved this interview so much that I just HAD to reprint portions of it here...enjoy!



The big girls love that you represent them well. How does it feel to be a poster-child for full-figured women?

I always wanted to be that person. It's like, wait a minute...every time I would look at the TV and the big girl never 'makes it' I don't think it was that nobody wanted to receive them, but they weren't backed up the right way or maybe they didn't even believe in themselves the right way. I was like, somebody needs to come out and represent them the right way. I don't mind being that person at all! I love it!


Both Queen Latifah and Jill Scott have clothing lines geared towards the plus-sized woman. Is that something you've considered?

I am about to launch my own fashion line and we're in the early, early stages of it. It was just presented to me so we're definitely going to come out with that because I want the skinny girl trying to be the big girl.

You really haven't changed Jennifer! Are people surprised by how normal and how friendly you are when they meet you?

People are very surprised at how normal I am. Every time I get on the plane and the flight attendant is like, 'You're so nice. You're not like any of the other celebrities.' I wonder what do they do and how you are supposed to be. To me, this is my job just like anyone else's job is their job. I like being normal and I've been normal for so long that it's hard to be anything else and I don't want to.

I know you have to have an Oprah Winfrey story. Everyone who has met her or been on her show does. Tell me yours.

I've been on her show about three times now and she was always like, 'you can come anytime that you want.' Nobody takes people up on those offers unless they want something. I saw her recently because her show is not too far from my house in Chicago . I wanted to see Oprah and say hello. It's not too many people in the industry who do that. She thought it was something wrong with me so she asked me if I was okay and if I needed any money. I told her I just wanted to come say hello and see how she was doing. I forgot when that was, but it wasn't that long ago. I just wanted to stop in and see how she was doing. She's definitely a huge supporter and somebody that I clearly admire.

"I want the skinny girl trying to be the big girl".... I LOVE IT!!!! I have been on this chick's bandwagon for a long minute now (although I still have some issues with the way she dresses...but it IS getting better) but if she keeps up like this...I MAY NEVER GET OFF OF IT!!! You GO Miss J. Hud!!! Keep on loving yourself and repping us well mama!!!

"Isn't it time for some unity in the plus community?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What stood out for me the most in the original article was when Jen went to the Harpo studio to say hello to the big O. And all Oprah could do was think there was something wrong with her or she needed $$$. Are that many people coming after O for the $$$ that she couldn't think some1 just wanted to say hello? Poor rich Oprah.