Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Livin' Large - Pt 2 on The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

My, My, My Family.....

What is there left to say about Janice Dickinson??? Is there a more conceited, egocentric, egoistic, egoistical, ego maniacal, self-absorbed, self-centered, self-involved, selfish, self-seeking, self-serving, narcissistic, vain, vainglorious person on the planet????

Wait! I forgot to add rude to that list as well...

Last night's episode of The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency had me poised to leap right through the television to launch a left hook right at what's left of JD's jaw!!!! The open contempt and the thinly veiled condescension made my blood boil for real.

This chick has to be one of the dumbest human beings that I have ever come across and a poor business woman to boot. You (Janice) come to Southern California to open a boutique agency when anyone who's been in the fashion biz for more than 5 minutes knows that a high end agency probably has a better chance in NYC - (the fashion capital??? HELLO??) and then you go on and choose some of the weakest straight sized models I have ever seen and wonder aloud why your business is failing.....

Then when your son realizes the answer to the revenue problems is to try something different and open a plus sized division - you staunchly refuse to support it even though statistics show that over 2/3 of the population is a size 14 or larger and when you do show up it's to berate and insult the models, the clients and the world in general or you disrupt your client's shoot by being mean and evil and then walking out before you can respond properly - (UGH!!! I hate stuff like that!)

I must applaud my girl Mia Amber for handling herself like a lady AND a pro and not allowing this (oohhh....I SO wanna call Janice the "C" word but I won't..lol) broad to take her out of her zone.

Kudos to you Mia - Cuz we ALL know it probably wouldn't have gone down that way if it were me - if nothing else if she had called me ANY name that WASN'T the name my mama gave me....she would just be waking up now and wondering where she left her damn teeth!

And can someone tell me the reason that we had to watch Janice totally hog up that costume photo shoot??? I thought this show was supposed to be about her models and her agency and NOT about reviving HER damn modeling career.
We already know from her behavior what's gonna happen to the plus division of her agency so I am not even sure that I will tune in for the season finale - that's how disgusted I am with this show.

Check out Janice's rant on her blog for 10/14/08):

Okay, I guess everyone seems to want to make me the villain on this whole plus-size model issue. So in case you haven't got it the first time here it is… Again. World Wide Web and world at large: I don't hate fat people, or any people. I think everyone should love themselves anyway they want to be. If you like being big stay big and keep loving yourself. If you don't like yourself big go to the gym. If you're skinny, good for you. I hate that I have been thrown to the dogs on this. It's true I don't believe there is a large market for plus-size women and I don't think one is going to ever be there in my lifetime but who knows? I did the best I could with the issue that was put on me by my son. There's the truth, like it or not. I love everyone as long as they love themselves too. Go ahead -- hate on that. I'm done talking about it. Think what you want.

"I don't believe there is a large market for plus-size women and I don't think one is going to ever be there in my lifetime...." WTF???

Will someone please shake this idiot and let her know that it's 2008 and NOT the 60's anymore??? Has she been living in a fallout shelter her ENTIRE LIFE???? The plus size apparel market makes upwards of 50 billion annually....if that's not a "market" I don't know what is.
On a totally different note though....I predict that this chick Xian (I think that's her name) will eventually have quite a successful career as a plus sized model, should she choose that path.


"As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you otherwise might."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?! A rapidly aging model of demonstrated crassness is shallow too? I am so shocked...not. Really, were you truly surprised? I cannot say that I was.

Love yer blog!