Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Wendy McKenzie

Last night I attended a birthday party for Casting Director Wendy Mckenzie (In The Wink of An Eye Casting http://inthewinkofaneye.biz/index.html ) down at Sutra Lounge on First Street & First Ave. It's a very cute spot and of course I dragged my girl Jacqueline with me as usual.

We arrived at close to ten and the place was almost empty, so we took a seat at the bar and ordered some cocktails from the very cute bartender.

Later on the music started to get really good and we decided to go further into the room and sit closer to the music. Folks had begun to trickle in and several were actually dancing....lol....that's how GOOD the music was.

Shortly after we moved to our new seats a Size Sexy, Vibrant, light skinned sister with a "Fro-Hawk" breezed through the doors making EVERYONE sit up and take notice....(Now THAT'S how you make an entrance!)....She came over and introduced herself to me as "Twinkie" and she was fabulous and an absolute joy to be around. I think she was one of the hosts for the evening and she truly went out of her way to make sure that everyone was comfortable.

I couldn't place her face but that name stood out to me and I somehow just KNEW that I had met her before....hmmmm....perhaps from back in my Stan Tumpkin days...(RIP Stan!)...
But I digress....anyway, shortly after I talked to Twinkie, in through the doors walked American Idol 6 Contestant Jared Cotter. It seems I keep running into him these days and he always gives me love....good seeing you again Jared!




The Birthday girl herself arrived all done up (Face was beat for THE GODS Ya'll!!!) and looking absolutely amazing in blue sequins. There were many squeals and hugs n kisses as she made her way through her swarming guests.

My girl didn't miss a beat, she was partying as she worked the room ya'll....I don't know who that DJ was but baby he just kept it coming all night!! I truly enjoyed him.

Unfortunately, as the hour moved close to Midnight, I knew I had to start making my way home...cuz a sista got a job she has to get to in the morning....ya know? lol....

Anyhoo! I had a wonderful time, my only regret was that I couldn't stay longer and that I couldn't er...phone in a new set of knees....lol....mine were KILLING me! It seemed as if the party was only getting started when I had to go....I know they are probably still partying as I write this! I looked for the birthday girl as I was leaving but she was no where to be found.

Happy Birthday Wendy! Thanks for inviting me mama!....I had a blast!

When I get the situation with my camera under control...the slide shows will return family!!!

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

No comments: