Saturday, April 26, 2008

Springtime In NYC









Springtime is one of my favorite times to be in New York City....the leaves & flowers are just beginning to bloom and the smells and colors of the city are absolutely wonderful.


This last week we have had several days of 75 degree weather and I have just been out walking with my camera taking pictures of Mother Nature in all her glory.


Today I walked along 125th Street which was all abuzz with activity because the Sean Bell verdict had just been announced (Cops CLEARED on ALL Charges) and my people were not at all happy with the way things turned out.


50 Shots and NO one was guilty of ANYTHING??? And a question to the officer who had enough time to empty his clip and THEN RELOAD???? At what point during that barrage did you realize that NO ONE WAS SHOOTING BACK AT YOU?????


Did you NOT have a moment to think while you were reloading?? WTF??


I also noticed during my walk that The Body Shop on 5th Avenue was shuttered...GASP!!!!! Lol...but upon further inspection I saw that they are temporarily closed for expansion...they are expanding into the space formerly occupied by The Harlem Underground.

BTW....Time To Compute is out of business as well.


Anyway...the cops were out in FULL FORCE all along 125th St...in particular near the Metro North train station stop....(lol...gotta protect the New Settlers ya know?).

As I prepared to cross Park Avenue to head to the #4 train enroute to visit a cousin in the hospital....I actually ran into my cousin's daughter and grandchildren headed in the opposite direction. We chatted for a long minute about the days events and even took a photo together.



I warned them about all of the activity on Lenox Avenue (a young man had just gotten hit by a car in the intersection...he was still laid out on the pavement when I had passed moments before and traffic on 125th street was a nightmare!) and the hurried to catch the train downtown.


My cousin Emma was happy to see me and in good spirits and getting lots of much needed rest. We talked for an hour or so and then I headed to 34th street to catch a bus back crosstown to the west side to get the D train back up town.


Did ya'll know that some of NYC's buses have cameras now?


Wow. Probably necessary with all the insaneness going on in this country but.....Wow.

“Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.”

No comments: